overall
Brewed by Pivovar Velké Popovice (Asahi)
Style: Dunkel/Tmavý
Velké Popovice, Czech Republic

RATINGS: 859   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.99/5   EST. CALORIES: 114   ABV: 3.8%
Produced from special dark malts, which is why even its foam is dark.

Joffe (3) - USA - OCT 23, 2005 does not count
The best dark beer I have ever had. Note that I have only tried the Velkopopovcky Kozel Cerny brewed in the Czech Republic. This is the best dark beer in the world. Not too sweet no bite, just right. Of course, Velkopopovycky just won the gold medal in Belgium for best beer in all three categories: light, medium and dark. This should come as no surprise to people that actually know beer. I would also like to point out that in the Czech Republic, where Kozel comes from, 57% of the people prefer Cerny (dark) Kozel to medium, light or premium light. I agree with them. After all, Czechs drink more beer per capita than any other people in the world.

holdleder (387) - Kongerslev, DENMARK - JUN 12, 2016
50 cl. flaske . 3,8%. Undrer mig over jeg aldrig har ratet denne øl før. Er nydt mange gange både i Prag og her hjemme. Øllen er ikke mindre end fantastisk, bliiver ikke bedre og man savner virkelig Prag når man sidder med den i hånden.

Hienatejada (2) - - MAR 5, 2017 does not count
I love this dark beer. La probé en Praga en 2.1012 y me apasionó desde el primer sorbo que la di. Muy recomendable