overall
Brewed by Pivovar Velké Popovice (Asahi)
Style: Dunkel/Tmavý
Velké Popovice, Czech Republic

RATINGS: 872   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.99/5   EST. CALORIES: 114   ABV: 3.8%
Produced from special dark malts, which is why even its foam is dark.

austinpowers (2831) - San Francisco, California, USA - DEC 1, 2003
This is absolutely my favorite Czech beer - hands down! As a Dunkel, it is very sweet and light in body. Lo-alcohol makes it extremely drinkable. It's also lightly carbonated - another plus. This baby's got it all, I swear! It is magnificent! It has a light-to-medium malt body with caramel malt flavors. No hops to be found whatsoever. I'll bet not one was dropped in the brew kettle unless it was a mistake. Amazing!! I could drink at least two more. It's only weaknesses are that the aroma isn't remarkable (how could it be when the taste is so mild?) and the head retention is poor.

jinkyoo21 (1) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - OCT 4, 2005 does not count
Dark brown color beer with very smooth taste. Very smooth almost ground coffee aroma. Thin head. Very sweet and easy on teh palate. Easy finish. The best Czech beer there is. Just lovely. Must try for all.

deusax (456) - Grenoble, FRANCE - JAN 31, 2012
My favourite beer! Coffee, black, lightly bitter, medium sweetness, caramel,

rawbraves (2) - USA - NOV 19, 2003 does not count
I discoverd this beer during my last trip to Praha. Does anyone know how to get it in the states?

tomclay (7) - - APR 8, 2011 does not count
Excellent beer, dark as night, but with a slight lightness in flavour that makes it so easy to drink

kaziopiwosz (424) - Warszawa / Wałbrzych, POLAND - APR 23, 2012
I was positively surprised, when I first drank this beer. Some may say it’s for woman - when you sitting in Prague’s "hospoda" (pub) you’ll see women drinking it. Excellent taste - you can find a little caramel aroma there, but not to strong. Good foam, stays long on top. Great colour, dark but not black. One of the best beers I ever drank.

cmc619 (501) - California, USA - APR 11, 2015
Wife tried at Lokal on first beer stop in Prague. Really great dunkel-style beer. Soft, sweet. Malty fresh delicious. Had at Easter markets and various stops during the rest of the trip. Served in a glass with a hanging handle - kind of cool.