overall

RATINGS: 216   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.76/5   SEASONAL: Special   EST. CALORIES: 174   ABV: 5.8%
Black ale beer, made with real coffee. This java stout goes through a unique process, involving caramelizing brown sugar to give it an intense caramel & vanilla aroma.

Chargedgs (8) - Michigan, USA - DEC 25, 2011 does not count
I kept passing on this beer due to the over sweetness of southern tier creme brûlée... After having this im regretting passing on this all those times! I got a growler fill of it for christmas upon the initial pour it was jet black with a dark black smell of coffee, that’s a win! Taste is coffee followed by vanilla and carmalized sugar. Kuhnhenn made the perfect creme brûlée and I’m glad this is so close to me. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

BOLTZ7555 (3028) - Phoenix, Arizona, USA - SEP 19, 2010
UPDATED: NOV 13, 2011 Sampled at GABF! This is one of the breweries that either totally fails or absolutely nails it...this one was incredible! Hershey syrup pour with a tightly woven latte head that coated the inside of the glass. Aroma of caramel chew, toffee, vanilla, coffee and cocoa powder. Flavor is milk chocolate, rich caramel, brown sugar, and dark roasted coffee. Very velvety texture. Wife even tried it and thought it was amazing (which is surprising because she doesn’t like dark beer or coffee). So good...a festival favorite!!! BUMP!!!

TheGuy (920) - Illinois, USA - OCT 15, 2010
On tap at Hop cats the night of 25 bells tap during RBSG this is truely an amazing brew I could not get enough of the aroma I enjoyed the fragerence of this beer so much i can’t even explain by far thisblows away any creme burlee poured black with a thick tan head with the most aromatic aromas of toasted brown sugar, java, caramel, and vanilla give me a spoon you got to be kidding me the taste was just as amazing I thought I died and gone to heaven one of the best brews of the weekend followed this up with Olde Bruin OMG! what an amazing trip