overall
Style: Ice Cider/Ice Perry
Hemmingford, Canada
Serve in Flute, Stem glass

RATINGS: 388   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.14/5   EST. CALORIES: 390   ABV: 13%
Produced since 1994, Neige Première is the leading inspiration of La Face Cachée de la Pomme. It is the very first ice cider (also known as apple ice wine) to be commercialized in Québec and throughout the world.

In the fall, very ripe apples are picked and stored at cool temperatures until the end of December. Once winter arrives, the fruit is pressed and the juice obtained is placed outside in the intense January cold. During crystallization, the water separates from the sugars by natural cryoconcentration naturelle. After few days of intense cold, concentrated must, representing ¼ of the initial quantity of juice, is collected by gravity. The extracted must is then placed in stainless steel tanks where it ferments at least six months at low temperatures before being bottled.

ABV varies between 10-13% depending on seasonal temperatures.

AcctError53909 (209) - St. Johns, Newfoundland, CANADA - JUL 1, 2007
First off, let me state that this is the best liquid there is. Ever. This particular bottle said it was bottled in 2004, and the percentage is 10% ABV. Color is a beautiful deep orange to coppery golden color. Aroma is basically pure apple, with just the slightest hint of mulling spices. Flavor is also incredibly apple, again with a hint of mulling spices. It literally does taste exactly like non-alcoholic apple cider, or perhaps the condensed liquids of apple pie. Mouthfeel is thick and syrupy, and perfectly still. This is hands down the most delicious alcohol and/or liquid I have ever had. Awesome.

argo0 (14127) - Washington DC, USA - JUL 14, 2005
(2003 Vintage, RBSG05) Crystal clear apple juice body (richer color than the degel), beautiful long legs. Aroma is medium sweet, apple, tart, exceptionally clean, fresh. Faint alcohol detected but no syrup. Taste is sweet, apple, tart, light liqueur. Finish is fantastically fresh apple. Medium body, clean, alcohol very well hidden. Maybe my ignorance of ciders is revealed here, causing me to inflate my score. Regardless, I was blown away by this one. I did buy some more, so I will see if I in fact like it as much as I think I do.