overall
Brewed by Labatt Breweries (AB InBev)
Style: Golden Ale/Blond Ale
London, Canada

RATINGS: 341   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.27/5   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
Contains all the distinguishing features of a true ale, including a good balance of dryness, complemented by a fruity taste and unique hop flavouring.

fritsauce99 (1) - Quebec, CANADA - APR 8, 2002 does not count
i luvit!! i luvit!! i luvit!! I need not look any further, i have found what i was looking for!

labattfreak (58) - Coldwater, Michigan, USA - NOV 10, 2003
I like this beer almost as much as I like Blue. My only gripe is that it's hard to find!

ccga235 (1) - Kincardine, Ontario, USA - FEB 15, 2008 does not count
I remember watching my Grandfather drink Labatt 50 when I was younger. He really enjoyed his beer. He had to sneak them out of the cold storage since my Grandmother wouldnt let him have too much. He was diabetic, so he had to watch what he drank and ate. Hed only have a couple each night, but the smile on his face and the 50 label tilting back as he took a drink is what I remember most about him. Now when it comes to myself, I like my beer also. I drink a little more than my Grandfather did, but every time I drink a Labatt 50, I always have a smile. Because I always think about my Grandfather.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
Tristan99 (1) - montreal, Quebec, USA - APR 8, 2002 does not count
Easily Canadas best and most underrated beer. Try it again and youll see.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
macbarnacle99 (1) - brossard, Quebec, CANADA - APR 8, 2002 does not count
VIVE la cinquante!! Pour les connaiseurs seulement!!

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 20/20
Danny-Boy99 (1) - Ontario, CANADA - JAN 4, 2002 does not count
Labatt 50 was one of the first beers that I had. I realized at that point that there was no need to venture further through the abyss of bland, media exploited beers (i.e.: Molson Canadian, Coors Light, and yes even Labatt Blue just to name a few). Even though I have been ridiculed for drinking this fine ale, being called the likes of an old man and other unmentionables. I am only 23, but I have come to know that this was a compliment. For if I were an old man I would have the knowledge and experience that comes with age. I do know that Labatt 50 is a true tasting and satisfying beer, whatever the occasion.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
barneys ale99 (3) - dearborn, Michigan, USA - AUG 26, 2001 does not count
best of the labatts line-great taste and crisp finish- my favorite beer!

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
OD40oz (774) - Box Elder, South Dakota, USA - JAN 23, 2005
I was pretty pumped when I found this stuff because Labatt Blue is one of my favorite beers. This beer is a darker tint of yellow than Labatt Blue with somewhat of a cloudy look and a quickly diminishing white head. It has a crisp nose and a clean taste with a somewhat citrus hint to it. This was pretty damn good I liked it better than Labatt Ice.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
Kosovar (48) - repentigny, Quebec, CANADA - JAN 23, 2006
UPDATED: JAN 25, 2006 Mon dieu! que dire sinon que lapprciation dgustative de celle-ci se dvelloppement comme une amiti. Toujours surpris de dcouvrir comment une broue qui, lorigine tait ordinaire, est devenue extraordinaire. Mystrieu couronnement

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
AaronBouchard (150) - Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, CANADA - JUL 17, 2008
UPDATED: JUL 20, 2008 40 oz bottle from an IGA in Quebec City. Pours slightly darker then Labatts flagship brand blue. Floral tasting micros are truely my favorites and this fits the bill perfectly. I like beers that most people bash on this site.I think it is pretty close tasting to Molson Dry if I remember correctly. Labatt 50 used to be Canadas top selling beer before blue. Fresh tasting and I wish we had it here in Nova Scotia.