overall
Brewed by Labatt Breweries (AB InBev)
Style: Pale Lager
London, Canada

RATINGS: 42   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.18/5   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
Features a full body and taste with the Saaz hops countering much of the bitterness associated with traditional lagers.

beermatrix (1497) - Twin Cities, Minnesota, USA - JUL 11, 2003
This strange Labatt brew is a bit uneven in just about every aspect. The color seemed to split from top to bottom like a black & tan, the top being solid gold, straw-like in color where as the bottom was a lighter diluted yellow, a small whiteish head about a finger high came out on top but said goodbye within a second. Smell is uneven as well, with a musty hop, lightly citrusy, and a real weird raw oatmeal quality that seemed to dart in one nostril and out the other. Taste is lightly floral hops, quite subdued in approach, it stands up with good sweetish caramel malts and some grains of bread floating lightly in the mix. Again, there seemed to be empty spots, and some odd mixing of flavors and textures that were just to light to get a good hold on.

daboskabouter (1470) - Fergus, Ontario, CANADA - JUN 2, 2003
Yah, had this at a country bar, straight from the bottle. About as great as I expected it to be. No better than Blue or anything generic like that.

CapFlu (5127) - Victoria, British Columbia, CANADA - MAR 1, 2003
(Bottle) Finally got around to filing this American Standard. Pours a medium white head and a golden body. Gets its smoothness from the watery flavour. Average

markymark (82) - Duluth, Minnesota, USA - DEC 21, 2002
UPDATED: JAN 14, 2003 I was skeptical at first since I always saw yokels drink this at the bar. However, a very decent, clean, crisp tasting lager from Labatt"s. I enjoy it.

Brewmaster88 (53) - Petrolia, Ontario, CANADA - DEC 7, 2002
UPDATED: DEC 15, 2004 An average lager from Labatt’s. Very easy to drink in large quantities. Very clean and crisp.

0.9
Cartoonkhaki (1286) - Brantford, Ontario, CANADA - NOV 30, 2002
UPDATED: MAR 13, 2003 This has to be one of the worst beers around. Brantford, Ontario yokels seem to like it though God knows why?? It has a poor flavour and a bad aftertaste.. Like metal. Mark from Brantford drinks it. I had this again on Christmas Eve because the bar we were at was out of all their 50 my friends managed to drink. I thought I would try it to bring back some old memories. And like the beer tastes it brings back nothing special. What a poor quality beer. I do belive that it is only Brantford keeping this brew alive and on the market!

MarshallMac (143) - West Vancouver, British Columbia, CANADA - NOV 6, 2002
I’ve had this once, on saturday, walking down to the rooster, steve had one from the blue fridge and brock and i split it. it tasted just like any old labatt lager. good luck

Radek Kliber (7368) - Toronto (Can) Krotoszyn (Pol), POLAND - AUG 24, 2002
We had many of those last night (oh man what a night). I hated that watery stuff. I could not find anything positive in this beer. Weak even for American standard.

LuckySmarms99 (80) - Ontario, USA - FEB 5, 2002
Didn’t think much of it when at school. Tried it only a few times (well 24 actually) Never again.

0.8
Gooner (136) - Chatham, Ontario, CANADA - DEC 21, 2001
CCI beer. Ha! Ha! :) This is the archetype of the worst American macrobrew. Too bad Canada had to claim victory.