overall
RATINGS: 13   MEAN: 3.54/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.29/5   SEASONAL: Summer   EST. CALORIES: 174   ABV: 5.8%
A German-style dark lager described as a dark beer lover's Summer-Session Beer. Black, roasty and chocolaty without being over-the-top.

drismyhero (815) - Tacoma, Washington, USA - JUN 30, 2004
I was very excited to see this at the pub, and even more excited when I saw it in my glass. Thick frothy head with a prefect black body. Huge aroma, smoky grains and chocolate. The flavor is remarkably robust and a touch sweet. I took a sip of my girlfriend’s porter mid glass and realized how utterly devoid of espresso this was. Excellent body and finish, and just very tasty. Another true LaConner success.

WABeerChick (25) - Seattle, Washington, USA - FEB 6, 2004
Sad to be at the mercy of the brewer on this one - hard to find at the pub or anywhere else. A really balanced black lager that is very drinkable. A great roasted malty aroma that doesn't overpower.

BillKismet (4137) - Seattle, Washington, USA - JUN 16, 2003
Black amber with a crisp top. A great malt roasted aroma that translates to a similar taste. Fairly robust, but easty to drink. Quite a treat from Laconner.