overall
RATINGS: 1688   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.65/5   SEASONAL: Autumn   IBU: 29   EST. CALORIES: 278   ABV: 9.26%
Our Original Stout, brewed with real Hardcore Coffee from Sebastopol. 29.5 IBU 1.076 OG

2007, 8.3% ABV
2008, 8.29% ABV
2009, 9.26% ABV
2010, 8.8% ABV

GreatLibations (1854) - Last Supper, Arizona, USA - NOV 1, 2006
Pours midnight brown w/ a shallow semi creamy froth decending slowly to a layer of fine silk. Aroma of sweet roasted cocoa. Full nectar w/ mellow residual effers. Flavors are semi sweet and stout w/ a moderate roasted character. Cocoa, moderate roasted coffee bean, vanilla bean, and espresso. The hop profile is defined yet subdued. Well balanced. I love this stuff. It slides down like weighted silk. Nice stout bittering on the finish. Overall: this brew is fantastic. I really like the silky smooth texture while still maintaining her residual effers. This brew drinks like a refined Imperial Stout. Big yet balanced roast/hops/sweetness. A fine specimen indeed. Highly recommended. A favorite!

sickassmick (229) - Concord, California, USA - DEC 10, 2007
UPDATED: FEB 3, 2008 good solid stout with a long lasting bitter aftertaste. Had it from the bottle but wish I could have done this on tap. Very thick and creamy and sweet. Definately not a beer I could have more than a couple of at a time, and pretty expensive (22oz for $4) at Safeway. I’ve always been a fan of laggy’s and stout was the first style I was in love with. I can’t say anything bad about it. Not much of that soy sauce saltyness. I’ll take this over a milkshake all day. ReRate: This is my stout of choice by far. Sweet, thick.... but the joy is in the hops afterward... wow an amazing beer and 8.3 for a drunk like me!?!?!? I still can’t believe this bomber costs more than five bucks after crv.... worth it! best stout I’ve had so far!!!!!!!i’m going back to give this beer perfect five because it’s all I dream of in beer. GRUB.

kanderso43 (34) - - APR 21, 2015
Rick black color with a thick tan head. Hints of chocolate, toasted marshmallow, caramel and coffee. Thick on the palate, but clean finish.

brian43281 (6) - Washington, USA - MAY 20, 2015 does not count
Exactly what I want out of a cappuccino stout. Beautiful flavor, palate, and finish. Buy it!