RATINGS: 885   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.56/5   SEASONAL: Summer   IBU: 54   EST. CALORIES: 140   ABV: 4.65%
Sometimes you want a beer, then you realize how much crap you need to do before you call it a day. This is it. Nicely dosed with Big, Round Hop Flavors and a Toasty Malt Foundation to satisfy your every need. But it still lets you stay in the game to do what needs to be done. Yup.

• Statistics
  • Locate Sellers

Danyel (1609) - Colorado, USA - SEP 3, 2012
bottle. clear yellow, white head. Smells hoppy, kiinda like pee though. Tastes better than it smells, sprucey, a little resin in the aftertaste. Definitely some fruitiness going on, peach juice or something strange. Light to medium body. Definitely an interesting beer. Better tasting than smelling. Interesting, I think it’s one that will grow on me.

sickassmick (229) - Concord, California, USA - SEP 3, 2012
I’ll preface this by saying this is one of my favorite brewerys. I’ll also say that I’m a little taken back by an IPA light. What I am expecting is a really hoppy light pale ale. pour is clear yellow, one finger fine head. looks refreshing. fair amount of lacing. smell is strong citrus hops, grapefruit for days. not much malt scent in there at all. i mean this stuff smells really bitter. well. mouthfeel is very thin and bity. seltzery almost. There is not much in the malt section except maybe some burnt taste, but that probably comes from the hops. This is almost like a grapefruit soda without any sugar. Not one of my favorites. Dry finish, so i’ll take another, but not something i’m going to buy again. there are pale ales that are much better rounded. I’m not sure where they were headed with this. it’s awsome when you first try craft beer to taste hops. but the hop thing is getting a little crazy. I think i would actually like this better with a lager yeast. strange beer for sure. Doesn’t taste bad, but just not balanced very well.

3fourths (9405) - Boulder, Colorado, USA - SEP 3, 2012
UPDATED: SEP 4, 2012 bottle. clear pale gold body with a medium-sized white head. strongly dry-hopped nose is considerably leafy, grassy and raw (in a good "rubbing your hands in a bag of hops" way) with a good dose of simcoe-like lemon juice / pine with citra-like cattiness and nearly-noble spiciness. okay, so the nose is quite nice, very enticing and salivating, making me eager to have a good gulp. I go in for it, and I get brash and sharp astringency from over-hopping relative to the low final gravity combined with that typical grain huskiness of Lagunitas malt, all of this flavored with cat urine, dried mint, thyme / oregano and shallot / onion / garlic (is it simcoe? it’s very pee-like, so I have to assume). god damnit, this actually had the lively hop expression (though not the same aroma) as the Little Dog Fred from Alan Sprints, which was a MAGICAL session beer experience. the Lagunitas? totally ruined by the excessive hop rate on top of a dried out and husky body. I guess I can at least enjoy smelling the rest of my six pack.

Hopped_Silly (418) - California, USA - SEP 3, 2012
Basically a less concentrated, more elegant version of the powerful west coast styled IPA's. Consider this a 'West Coast IPA' lite. Delicate aromas and flavors of pine, skunky herbs, lemongrass, and citrus. Palate is substantially less concentrated and light. Definitely easy to drink. Fine, prickly carbonation. A good beer. --- tasted while on a long journey to understand the world around me...

iowaherkeye (2702) - Ocean Beach, San Diego, California, USA - SEP 3, 2012
UPDATED: SEP 8, 2012 12oz bottle, $1.99 from Olive Tree Market in OB. Crystal clear straw with a small white head. Fresh grassy dry hop nose, nice orange and sprucy hops. Flavor follows suit, adds some non-sweet biscuit malts,, touch of honey. Dry finish, bitterness peaked at a 3-4, not all that bitter, thankfully. Doesn’t have the house yeast character that annoys me sometimes with Lagunitas IPAs. Light prickly carbonation with a light body. Damn fine. Time to pick up a sixer while I can.

HopHeadinAZ (180) - Arizona, USA - SEP 2, 2012
12oz Bottle: Pours an almost clear yellow gold with a small to medium white head. The aroma on this beer is amazing. I get lots of pine, some lemon and grapefruit. The taste is good with some tropical fruit and grainy bread. The mouth feel is light which i expected from this style of beer. Overall this is a great beer as a sessionable IPA. Lagunitas continues the hits with their IPAs.

onceblind (11644) - Denver, Colorado, USA - SEP 2, 2012
Clear brilliant gold with a fluffy white head, leaving lots of lace. Amazing hop-forward aroma of leafy fresh hops, a fresh mowed lawn, and budding flowers. Taste is magnificently balanced and full on such a light and refreshing body...rediculous subtlety and firmness on a light palate. I almost never give a "5" on the palate score for something this light but...wow. Flavor starts crisp and lemony but blends evenly into some toffee and grassy floral hops with some of that sticky lupulin tone coming in. Hoppy and clean with very little bitterness and a nice clean grainy/toffee spine.

joeneugs (6372) - Livermore, California, USA - SEP 1, 2012
Bottle. It pours a very effervescent yellow gold color with a nice lasting frothy white head. The aroma is very fresh and piney/spicy with some florals. There’s some very subtle crisp maltiness, that along with the spicy and floral character of the hops reminds me of an extra hoppy pilsner. The strong pine makes me think Simcoe... anyway, the flavor is pretty dry with more spicy pine and milder citrus notes. The body is very light, but it has an amazingly soft mouthfeel. The finish is appropriately crisp and bitter. I enjoyed this one.

StefanSD (2451) - Ouray, Colorado, USA - SEP 1, 2012
12 oz bottle. Pours a translucent brass color with a small white head that has fair retention. The aroma is loaded with sweet ripe citrus. The flavor packs a citrus punch also; I get oranges, lemons, pineapple and key limes. All nicely set in a malt base that has a touch of biscuit. The palate was just a bit thinner than I would have preferred and the carbonation was lively. Finished a bit too short and dry. Overall: A great summer beer, very light and lemony and not too sweet.

riversideAK (6265) - Shoreline, Washington, USA - SEP 1, 2012
Big fresh citrus nose grapefruit tropical notes floral. light cracker malt. Pours golden, nice white bubbly head. Flavors of citrus tropical fruit, crackers floral hops. Nice light juicy sweetness. Dry quenching finish. Really awesome.