overall
RATINGS: 343   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.39/5   EST. CALORIES: 192   ABV: 6.4%
Medium amber malty American pale ale.

Editor: This beer is no longer produced. If you are drinking a Dogtown Pale, it is almost certainly New Dogtown Pale Ale:
and should be reviewed as such.

harrisoni (19310) - Ashford, Kent, ENGLAND - SEP 21, 2008
Bottle at Gavlen Bar, Copenhagen. I wrote down it was Pale Ale at 6.4%, but the label was different. Pretty sure it is this. Drank with Reakt sat at the bar and the two of us just stared at the beer in wonder. Gold, slight haze. Ang warned me this was good and it is. Wow. The hop, intense, really flavourful hop. Decent pale malts. Sherberty hop finish. Automatically one of my favourite all time US beers. Stunningly well balanced. Creamy in mouth.

obxdude10 (2366) - Pottstown, Pennsylvania, USA - MAY 5, 2009
The Dogtown Pale Ale is definitely one of the best APA’s that I’ve sampled in a long while. This beer had it all. It started with a light amber color and a big off-white head. The lacing around the glass was very generous and sticky. The aroma was a huge hit with me, featuring big notes of pine and grapefruit, with more subtle hints of earth, caramel and floral notes. The body was smooth and plenty drinkable. The flavors were absoutely delicious, with big and spicy notes of hops, pine and grapefruit. Other hints included floral notes, caramel and red pepper. The finish was spicy and dry with a good malty kick. This APA is highly recommended, and has suddenly become a favorite of mine. Now, I’ll just have to see if I can find a case of it around my neck of the woods.

ttboy8099 (73) - Corvallis, Oregon, USA - FEB 5, 2002
Nice and smooth with a great taste. Doggone good Beer......................

ChillCoat (1029) - Concord, California, USA - MAY 22, 2006
Bottled. Pours a clear, bright copper color. Ivory colored head. Malty aroma with plenty of hop notes in the form of oranges, grapefruit and lemons. Sweet and malty with a very nice bitterness. Very nice pale ale- one of my regulars.

BeerFanDan17 (1121) - Brunswick, Maine, USA - SEP 2, 2009
4 oz pour at the Oregon Brewers Festival in July ’09. A classic tasting pale ale from Lagunitas. Hoppy with their signature blend.