RATINGS: 2647   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.57/5   EST. CALORIES: 186   ABV: 6.2%
This is our unique version of an ancient style. A style as old as the ocean trade routes of the last centuries Great Ships. Not as old as the equator they had to cross twice enroute, nor as old as the 10,000 or so miles of Di-Hydrogen Oxide and Sodium upon which they sailed, but older than the Circulithium-4 Lentloid that binds the Lupulin Quartnate onto your taste buds. Weird. Think about it. Now stop. OK, go again, now stop. Think again, and stop. But we digress. Made with 43 different hops and 65 various malts, this redolent ale will likely float your boat, whatever planet you’re on.

SpaceMonkey (182) - San Diego, California, USA - SEP 26, 2002
The summer smell of freshly cut lawns and big piles of grass clippings blend brilliantly with a musky hint of lime and avocados. The presentation is nice, a deep gold wit a bright white razor thin cap. I really like the start of this, a smooth refreshing lemon-lime bittersweet tounge. The end however, is kind of strange. Although I enjoy the smell of freshly cut grass, I don't particularly enjoy tasting it. A bit of a grassy exit, after a good bitter up swell.

beerguy101 (5364) - Newark, California, USA - SEP 26, 2002
Dark Amber color, small head. Fully hopped, medium malts. A nice hoppy full-bodied IPA. Hoppy without being too bitter. Good flavor. Aftertaste is clean and crisp. Aftertaste is hoppy, mostly bitter

vwsteggie (684) - Paxton, Massachusetts, USA - SEP 26, 2002
Another one I had only out of the bottle so I cannot rate the appearence properly, but it smells and tastes like your standard IPA. Nothing new so I would rather get the Harpoon if I had the choise...

knickerbocker (13) - USA - SEP 26, 2002
Wonderful bitterness clean finish great on Hot California Days with BarBQue. Not Excellent but Very Good.

rlhubley99 (36) - Austin, Texas, USA - SEP 18, 2002
I recall this having a great flavor, nice strength, great appearance. This is a good one for a summer evening over the grill

BeermanLayton (33) - Rohnert Park, California, USA - SEP 12, 2002
It's agood ale, better than most............................................

loweredsixth (946) - Clovis, California, USA - SEP 11, 2002
Beautiful hazy orange color. Great grapefruit/apple/bitter flavor/aroma. I was a little afraid of this beer from the reviews and the fact that I do not usually like IPA's, but I found this drink very enjoyable.

austinpowers (2831) - San Francisco, California, USA - SEP 10, 2002
A shockingly bitter IPA that wallops you with hops from the first sip. After I recovered, I discovered other more subtle malt tones that made for a very pleasant, woody finish.

papajohn (1340) - San Diego (Mira Mesa), California, USA - SEP 3, 2002
UPDATED: SEP 22, 2007 Pours golden amber with a huge frothy head. Hoppy aroma. Sweet malt start, hoppy middle and a grapefruit bitter finish. Not my favorite, but a damn good IPA in it’s own right.

Shadallion (534) - Sacramento, California, USA - AUG 30, 2002
Perfect hoppy/citrusy aroma, flavors are juicy and extravagant, with hop oil throughout. Eye-wateringly bitter all the way through, but a terrific malt backbone evens her out and makes for a superbly balanced beer. Its unfiltered, which seems to add to its flavor. A bit drying on the palate. Sensational!