overall
RATINGS: 1303   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.77/5   SEASONAL: Spring   IBU: 77   EST. CALORIES: 257   ABV: 8.56%
Mondo Large Red Ale
From the first day of the first mash of the first recipe in the first space to this oasis 13 years on the road; We have worked hard to walk in the footsteps of our hero brewers. The Esteemed brewer of Californias best Pale Ale, the Noble Brewer of the planets only legal Steam Beer, and Oregons Rebel Brewer from Newport. Thirteen years down the road, we have found our own voice as brewers but our admiration for the Great Ones has not dimmed one bit. If we walked well down the heros path ourselves, perhaps we too have been an inspiration for others. Beer is a Bronze Age business and we feel honored to have left our footprints on its path into history, at the same time leaving our flavors on your buds. Thanks for your trust over the years and we hope you enjoy this specially brewed Hi-Gravity Auburn offering. Beer Speaks. People Mumble! O.G. 1.085 76.92 IBU

DeliveryDriver's rating

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
DeliveryDriver (170) - Illinois, USA - JUN 9, 2013
Pours a clear red with a finger and a half length head that sticks and leaves mild lacing. Tropical fruits, especially mango, pineapple, grapefruit, up front on the nose, followed by some resin and bready notes. Definitely a hop bomb, but balanced nicely with good malt character. Big beer that leaves a long tropical fruit finish. Has been one of my favorite beers, this one may be responsible for making me a hop head not long after my 21st birthday.

0.8
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
StoutAndYummy (2) - California, USA - APR 14, 2017 does not count
WEAK!!!! I was so disappointed when I cracked open and tasted this triple IPA with red food coloring mismarked as a red ale. I like lagunitas for the most part, I love reds, and I REALLY like the number 13, so after a hard day at work I was ecstatic to see this in the beer aisle of my local grocery store. Then I got home tasted it and gagged, why did you have to ruin it with all the hops? 5000 IBUs in a red . . . really!?! The shelves are already wall-to-wall IPA, Double IPA and Triple IPA. . . . just make a red a red, or label it properly (see above). Again, very disappointed. Brewmaster, take a trip to Ireland and tell me if ANY of their reds taste remotely like Lucky 13.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
PugUglyBrewer (527) - - APR 13, 2017
Clean and clear shiny copper color with a big head of creamy white foam. Caramel malt, dried pineapple and prune, light grapefruit sting, all finishing with a mildly dry pine needle and wood cutting into the malt backbone. ABV is hidden all too well with more light, refreshing qualites thana beefy stomach churning execution. A great strong ale.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
Chudwick (3078) - Taylor Mill, Kentucky, USA - APR 13, 2017
12oz bottle with no date - very bitter. like most Lagunitas "American Strong Ale" this is muddled and not really easy to figure out the flavors. Its boozy and full of bitterness with a slick finish.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Vignale (3641) - Malm, SWEDEN - JAN 9, 2017
Flaska frn SB. Kopparfrgad klar vtska med hgt fluffigt skum. Fruktig doft av inlagd persika och kolaremmar med tallskott i bakgrunden. St smak som lyckas att inte bli fr tung eller sliskig och ngonstans ganska ltt trots rejl kropp. Smak som doften och rena smaker och bra balans och ganska snll beska. Riktigt gott.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 15/20
TEJA (2941) - Stockholm, SWEDEN - DEC 29, 2016
Bottle from Systembolaget Sweden. Big, fluffy and lasting off white head. Chrystal clear orange amber color. Mild caramel aroma. Big hoppy taste with a big caramell balance. Not overly sweet but still much caramel and firm bitterness. Perfect body to balance the bitterness nd the alcohol.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
mzaar (3267) - Varberg, SWEDEN - DEC 28, 2016
Flaska. Klar mrkorange med ett smutsvitt skum. Dofter av grapefrukt, torkad frukt, karamell och kda. Smakinslag av karamell, malt, tr, frukt och alkohol. Medel mot stor kropp. Vrmande alkohol.

StevieT (1938) - AUSTRALIA - DEC 4, 2016
From a bottle. Delicious deep smooth malt body with biscuit flavours, a hit of fruit on the back, dangerously drinkable for such a strong beer.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
Cool_Bond (2573) - KUNG_AV_OL @ Instagram, SWEDEN - NOV 29, 2016
Dried fruits, alcohol and dark berries in the smell. The taste is the same with a little sweetness. Okay bitterness that fills the upper part of the mouth for a long time. Okay beer but tastes more alcohol toward the end. Follow me @ Kung av l @ Facebook for more pictures and ratings.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
Florya (1996) - Bergen, NORWAY - NOV 28, 2016
How: bottle Appearance; almost clear deep golden with a red shimmer and a medium to small white head. Aroma: caramel, dried fruits, candy, lemon, herbs, peppercorn, pine. Palate: medium body, average carbonation.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
beer_rookie (534) - Arkansas, USA - NOV 17, 2016
Pours a reddish orange color. About one finger tan head. Okay retention, good lacing. I?ve poured it into a tulip glass, it looks very nice.

Aroma is floral and fruity. I could smell it immediately upon opening the bottle. Floral, fruity. Apricots, dates. Caramel. Maybe a touch of chocolate. Brown sugar.

Taste is sweet, fruity. Floral hops. Maybe a touch of bitterness. Slightly citrus and spicy.

Mouthfeel is medium full. It?s creamy, and heavy. But it?s so smooth. No taste of alcohol.

Overall, this is really good. I absolutely recommend this. I would certainly buy it again. Well done!