overall
RATINGS: 1309   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.77/5   SEASONAL: Spring   IBU: 77   EST. CALORIES: 257   ABV: 8.56%
Mondo Large Red Ale
From the first day of the first mash of the first recipe in the first space to this oasis 13 years on the road; We have worked hard to walk in the footsteps of our hero brewers. The Esteemed brewer of Californias best Pale Ale, the Noble Brewer of the planets only legal Steam Beer, and Oregons Rebel Brewer from Newport. Thirteen years down the road, we have found our own voice as brewers but our admiration for the Great Ones has not dimmed one bit. If we walked well down the heros path ourselves, perhaps we too have been an inspiration for others. Beer is a Bronze Age business and we feel honored to have left our footprints on its path into history, at the same time leaving our flavors on your buds. Thanks for your trust over the years and we hope you enjoy this specially brewed Hi-Gravity Auburn offering. Beer Speaks. People Mumble! O.G. 1.085 76.92 IBU

rcasta's rating

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
rcasta (860) - - OCT 24, 2008
el atlanta para homecoming con raulc la probamos. esta muy completa y deliciosa, como dicen los expertos, ya no me acuerdo. sabe un poco a grapefruit y pommegranite?

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
thewolf (12482) - Kolding, DENMARK - MAY 19, 2017
Tap @lfestival 2017. Pours deep orange with a small, staying creamy white head. Aroma has sweet malts, caramel, solid fat resiny hop, light vinious. Medium carbonation, fine dry and quite creamy mouthfeel. Flavour has sweet malts, caramel, doughy, hops are resiny, some citrus, grapefruit. Lingering, warming bitterness. Nice.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
Ronritter (569) - Blaine, Minnesota, USA - MAY 17, 2017
12oz bottle bright copper pour foamty white head aroma is quite juicy taste is citrus and pine with a nice dry finish

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
zutote (5) - - MAY 16, 2017 does not count
Lingerssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
Jpmercer (22) - shakopee, Minnesota, USA - MAY 13, 2017
A mondo large red ale. Tastes like an average red ale. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

0.9
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
CaskMonger60 (1) - - MAY 7, 2017 does not count
Disappointing... a mislabeled grumpy IPA if there ever was one. Looks nice in the glass - thats about it. What does it taste like? Take what might have been a decent IPA, dump a bunch of grapefruit and a bit of soap in it, and youre pretty much there. If I want IPA, Ill buy freakin IPA. If I want a red ale, I expect a red ale. Down the drain, never again.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
oobawa (1193) - Tennessee, USA - MAY 3, 2017
Big, gentle giant hoppy red, packing in the resinous IBUs while offsetting them with a hefty sweet malt core. Lagunitas orange marmalade hops on top of buttered toast, some caramel and pine underneath. Clingy with its bitterness, yet the citrus-tinged middle balances out the assault. Never feels quite as balanced as it should be, but drinkable nonetheless.

0.8
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
StoutAndYummy (2) - California, USA - APR 14, 2017 does not count
WEAK!!!! I was so disappointed when I cracked open and tasted this triple IPA with red food coloring mismarked as a red ale. I like lagunitas for the most part, I love reds, and I REALLY like the number 13, so after a hard day at work I was ecstatic to see this in the beer aisle of my local grocery store. Then I got home tasted it and gagged, why did you have to ruin it with all the hops? 5000 IBUs in a red . . . really!?! The shelves are already wall-to-wall IPA, Double IPA and Triple IPA. . . . just make a red a red, or label it properly (see above). Again, very disappointed. Brewmaster, take a trip to Ireland and tell me if ANY of their reds taste remotely like Lucky 13.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
PugUglyBrewer (559) - - APR 13, 2017
Clean and clear shiny copper color with a big head of creamy white foam. Caramel malt, dried pineapple and prune, light grapefruit sting, all finishing with a mildly dry pine needle and wood cutting into the malt backbone. ABV is hidden all too well with more light, refreshing qualites thana beefy stomach churning execution. A great strong ale.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
Chudwick (3124) - Taylor Mill, Kentucky, USA - APR 13, 2017
12oz bottle with no date - very bitter. like most Lagunitas "American Strong Ale" this is muddled and not really easy to figure out the flavors. Its boozy and full of bitterness with a slick finish.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Vignale (3725) - Malm, SWEDEN - JAN 9, 2017
Flaska frn SB. Kopparfrgad klar vtska med hgt fluffigt skum. Fruktig doft av inlagd persika och kolaremmar med tallskott i bakgrunden. St smak som lyckas att inte bli fr tung eller sliskig och ngonstans ganska ltt trots rejl kropp. Smak som doften och rena smaker och bra balans och ganska snll beska. Riktigt gott.