overall
RATINGS: 337   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.7/5   SEASONAL: Spring   IBU: 77   EST. CALORIES: 267   ABV: 8.9%
Blonde version of Lucky 13, released in 2011 and 2012.
From the first day of the first mash of the first recipe in the first brewhouse in the first space to this oasis 13 years on the road; We have worked hard to walk in the footsteps of our hero brewers- The Noble Brewer of the planet’s only legal Steam Beer, and Oregon’s Rebel Brewer from Newport. Thirteen years down the road, we have found our own voice as brewers but our admiration for the Great Ones has not dimmed one bit. If we walked well down the hero’s path ourselves, perhaps we too have been an inspiration for others. Beer is a Bronze Age business and we feel honored to have left our footprints on it’s path into history, at the same time leaving our flavors on your buds. Thanks for your trust over the years and we hope you enjoy this specialty breweed Hi-Gravity Auburn offering.

RespertFTW (521) - Michigan, USA - AUG 31, 2013
Bottle. Might have been a little old. Very sweet beer with a nice feel in mouth. Ok.

Mittenator (1612) - Michigan, USA - AUG 30, 2013
Bomber. Heavy tan foam. Sweet candi and light hops. Smooth and sweet with a light malty finish.

One2remeber (247) - Bucktown, Ohio, USA - AUG 16, 2013
Bottle. Light copper, orange hue. Creamy, off-white head. Sticky, sweet malts, juicy grape candy (jolly ranchers/fruit roll up). Smells great. Resinous hops. Reminds me a Stone AB with a lighter malt bill. Hop profile of an barley wine, Blue Point Old Hollowing Bastard. Booze is present and warming. Beer is on-point.

DiarmaidBHK (4907) - Lewisburg, Pennsylvania, USA - JUN 29, 2013
Bottle from total wine McLean. Pours orange with a thin white head. Lots of lacing in the glass. A bit of alcohol on the nose. The taste notes are more spruce. Not my favorite from Lagunitas.

Brandman (2948) - Helsinki, FINLAND - JUN 28, 2013
Semihazy orange body, white head. Aroma has malts, lots of grains, raisins and alcohol. Flavour is sweet and mixed maltiness.

Pyrmir (6094) - Uppsala, SWEDEN - MAY 20, 2013
Bottle, rated from backlog. Bright amber with white head. Aroma of caramel, malt, citrus, pine and pineapple. Taste of citrus, pine, yeast and caramel.

HeadyDE (843) - Delaware, USA - MAY 11, 2013
Bomber pour..crimson orange color..good carbonation rising in waves to top of glass..aroma is mostly caramelly..candied apricot and slight booze..schnapps..has that typical lagunitas profile..medium bodied.nice mouthfeel..slightly sweet and sticky..high gravity indeed..bit warming on finish..quite dipa like...ok.

charule (2268) - New York, New York, USA - MAY 2, 2013
Bottle. Poured hazy amber color with a finger of head and nice lace. Piney sweet aromas. Quite smooth with slightly bitter taste. Good amount of hops. ---Rated via Beer Buddy

Glouglouburp (6103) - Montreal, Quebec, CANADA - APR 25, 2013
In short: A sweet golden ale, honeyed and fruity juice with mild bitterness. Ok beer.
How: Bottle 22oz. Consumed relatively fresh one month after purchase.
The look: Crystal clear golden body topped by medium off-white head quickly dissipating to a small layer of foam leaving lots of lacings on the glass.
In long: Nose is moderately hoppy (fruity hop character very much like sweet apricots) along with honeyed cereals. Taste has a lot of oily cereals, honeyed pastry, mangos, sweet apricots, kiwis, a bit of caramel. Rather sweet beer upfront with the sweetness feeling very much sweet canned fruit juice and somehow not very much cereals sweetness. Bitterness is barely enough to balance the fruity-juicy-sweetness. Not a superb beer but you can’t go wrong with this $4.49 bomber, not many tasty cheap bombers anymore. I drank my Luck 13 bottle, then opened an umbrella indoors under a ladder, kicked my black cat and then threw my Lucky 13 bottle and crashed my mirror, I just don’t tempt fate, I sit on its face.

BlowOffTube (501) - Michigan, USA - APR 14, 2013
Pours burnt orange, white head, decent lacing. Smells of sweet pine and a little orange. Taste is very smooth, citrus, orange, pine, and slightly sweet with nice maltiness. I didn’t know what this was based off of the bottle but figured I’d gamble. Nice beer, great price, easy access; can’t ask more than that.