overall
RATINGS: 2339   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.75/5   IBU: 72   EST. CALORIES: 246   ABV: 8.2%
At the height of the heat in the heart of the summer, we felt that the only cure was a raging mouthful of fresh hops and malt. Caution: May remove enamel from teeth. This is Lagunitas IPA pumped up by about 30%!
IBU: 72.41

Papsoe (25056) - Frederiksberg, DENMARK - NOV 8, 2005
(Bottle 65 cl) Beautiful, clear amber with a creamy, thick head leaving some lacework. Distinct aroma hops in the nose. Flavour of sweet caramel malt with a very solid, hoppy finish. A very typical Double IPA with a routinely touch. 221005

Beerhunter111 (22538) - P´Castle, GERMANY - AUG 15, 2014
Hell orangegelbes Bier mit schöner stabilen Schaumkrone. Geruch sehr hopfig fruchtig, kräftig malzig, Grapefruit. Geschmack trocken fruchtig, hopfig, reife Früchte, bitter, etwas Karamell.

Leighton (22328) - London, Greater London, ENGLAND - AUG 17, 2010
Bottle at Block Party. Pours clear copper with a medium, white head. Bit hop aroma with sweet citrus and grass. Flavor has a nice, sweet malt profile followed by heavy, bitter hops. Medium bodied with average carbonation. Finishes with lip-smacking bitters and light, bready malts. Solid.

Rasmus40 (21991) - Beder, Aarhus, DENMARK - JUN 22, 2011
Hazy orange with an off-white head. Aroma is sweet, caramel and rather hoppy - grapefruit and pine. Flavor is quite sweet and rather bitter. Dry and rather bitter finish. 170609

fiulijn (21274) - Vancouver, British Columbia, CANADA - JUL 8, 2006
Amber color; generous and creamy head. Nice aroma of malt and hops, some fruits and resins. Good malty body, with a light liquorice taste, and an interesting bitterness, without being exaggerated; the hops are quite resiny; in the final the bitterness raisies. Mild emotions.

Theydon_Bois (20646) - Hazlemere, the lower Xhitlerns, Buckinghamshire, ENGLAND - AUG 26, 2014
Gravity dispense at GBBF ’14, day 1, 12/08/14. Lightly hazed orange amber with a moderate off white covering. Nose is pine coated, candied fruit peel, bitter tropicana, grapefruit, tangy orange, ripe citric peel. Taste comprises bitter grapefruit, pine, candied fruit peel, sweet licks, mango. Medium + body, fine carbonation, semi drying close peppered with hop bitterness. Decent, likely better on keg I’m sure, a touch sweet at times but dirnks well for 8%+

saxo (19523) - Højbjerg, Aarhus, DENMARK - APR 26, 2009
Bottle. Nice head with good duration. Color is amber. Aroma and taste are rich hops, flowers and citrus. Some caramel and malt as well. Very good balance.

harrisoni (19348) - Ashford, Kent, ENGLAND - JAN 23, 2009
Bomber from Barley Wine in Copenhagen. I had been craving something hoppy all evening and finally I get around to opening this. Clear copper amber colour with a lasting ivory head. Big syrupy piney hoppy nose. Spicey hop with some kind of tangeriney citrus fruit too. I’d been saving this for 5 months to have on a special evening when I could really appreciate it and you know what? It hasn’t let me down. I love this brewery and this is another more than solid beer. They just take the styles and do it so much better. Just so remarkably fresh in its flavours. I mean I love the pale ale and this is just as good. God I love the hops on this. But the mouthfeel is deep and full as well. Really good carbonation. Beats stuff like Great Divide in my opinion. Less malty syrupy and more on the hop side without being stupidly hoppy. No alcohol unpleasantness at all. Bit of heat on end, but not excessive. The pale ale I think is perfect. This is almost as good but not quite as the pale ale I would drink all night, but a bomber of this is probably sufficient, but I would still want a bottle every night. Exceptional. It’s the mouthfeel that I just find so good. God that really is hoppy. Just what I wanted. I’m burping hop. Lovely. The carbonation is both soft and insistent at the same time.

mcberko (18998) - Vancouver, British Columbia, CANADA - MAY 1, 2010
12 oz. bottle, pours hazy golden with a white head. Grassy hops, pine and grapefruit on the nose. Much more hoppy than the single IPA, with less of a malt backbone - just the way I like IPAs. Beautiful body, albeit a tad thin - however, the palate is wonderful: pine hops, grapefruits, some citrus, good astringency. Great double IPA.