overall
RATINGS: 2333   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.75/5   IBU: 72   EST. CALORIES: 246   ABV: 8.2%
At the height of the heat in the heart of the summer, we felt that the only cure was a raging mouthful of fresh hops and malt. Caution: May remove enamel from teeth. This is Lagunitas IPA pumped up by about 30%!
IBU: 72.41

brianjames1 (539) - Northridge, California, USA - MAY 18, 2007
not bad for an IPA, smells delicious, nice hoppy aroma, pours a deep orange lot o head, nice and bitter.

kmeves (1098) - Mount Pleasant, Wisconsin, USA - MAY 28, 2007
Orange/amber in color, fairly good sized foamy white head that lingers. Aroma is citris, caramel an date/raisin fruitiness. Nice big hop punch folwed by somewhat of a chewy caramel flavor. Medium body which is not typical of most DIPAs. Also a bit of warmth detected in the finish. Overall a very good beer.

rickgordon (3878) - Göteborg, SWEDEN - JUL 1, 2007
Bottled. Thanks Marsiblursi. Clear amber colour. Black currant, berry jam and tea are all very prominent in flavour. Jam-like flavour profile(no, not Zinfandel Wine) with tea here as well and a good bitter finish. Every thing about this beer is of a plain IPA. Aroma hops, flavouring hops and bitterness. 7, 5 would always be on the edge as I see it. Very much house character, with the tea.

nahthan (129) - Oakland, California, USA - JUL 11, 2007
Nice to see this one in six packs now. Great aroma. Along with Victory Hop Wallop, this is one of the best DIPA aromas I’ve smelled from the bottle. Smells like lots of Centennial hops to me. Very light, golden color. Great SRM for a DIPA. A slight bit more heavy in the mouthfeel than I would want for a full pint. Just a little more attenuation would make this closer to perfect. good 8oz pour of this is excellent. A very nice brew.

chadje (209) - California, USA - JUL 23, 2007
Pours a nice light amber color. Tastes very smooth and good with a different bitter after taste.

minch25 (577) - Medford, Massachusetts, USA - JUL 30, 2007
Clear copper orange body, medium creamy beige head. MF- chewy, resiny. A tad restrained in the hops department for the style; grapefruit, pine, soapy/sticky, hardly any sweetness. Short finish. Similar in flavor to Alpha King, but with a more oily texture. Well-rounded and never harsh. Not the most groundbreaking IIPA in the world, but still definitely good and great for the price($9 / 6).

TechMyst (167) - Fox River Grove, Illinois, USA - JUL 31, 2007
Got a bomber from Binny’s. Ended up trying this at a little warmer that what I would like, but I don’t think it will affect my rating. Quite a bit of head, hazy copper color. Full bodied, leaving a slick palate. High malt profile, nice bittering on the back end; no bee-sting nectar but still good. Tons of lacing which caked in rings down the glass. Faint aroma on this. This is good for sipping or slamming, so the drinkability is high on this. High alcohol content is not noticable. I actually thought this was their IPA (first offering I’ve tried from these guys.) But it is thier IIPA, they state it’s their IPA upgraded about 30%. Good but not overwhelming. Then I thought why does it have to be big; it’s very smooth, so my criticalness ended up melting away.

tbookman (618) - Ephrata, Pennsylvania, USA - AUG 4, 2007
Hazy orangish color - medium fluffy head. Aroma is sweetly hoppy with notes of citurs. Full rich flavor, malty base that is followed by a creamy finish. Hoppiness permeates thoughout. Nice Imperial IPA.

Beershine (5224) - VANCOUVER, British Columbia, CANADA - AUG 22, 2007
Haven’t had a bottle of these in years. My tasting notes are full of accolades, though. I wrote, "singular in body, flavor, nose, and appearance this IPA satisfies all the senses, the palate, the brain, and the mind." Whoa! How many did I drink? Ahhh, but that was in the good old days before my senses were jaded by gigahop assaults. Now that my hop horizons have expanded, I’ll have to revisit this one. Tough competition out there!

davidflores99 (225) - Signal HIll, California, USA - AUG 22, 2007
Pours an orange cloudy color, with a nice white head. Aroma was hoppy with some citrus and spice, not too strong. Flavor was pretty nice and smooth for an IPA, a little bitter, but not too much. I didn’t find this to be really special, but it’s still a good beer.