overall
RATINGS: 2387   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.75/5   IBU: 72   EST. CALORIES: 246   ABV: 8.2%
At the height of the heat in the heart of the summer, we felt that the only cure was a raging mouthful of fresh hops and malt. Caution: May remove enamel from teeth. This is Lagunitas IPA pumped up by about 30%!
IBU: 72.41

Azrael996 (7) - MINNEOLA, Florida, USA - JUL 2, 2013 does not count
a super tasting IPA pours golden copper nice head has a good hop hit with a great malt backbone, alcohol is well hidden . Very nice ...

Lacho (95) - USA - OCT 4, 2015
Beautiful pour, golden, great foamy head with IPA aromas. Foam diminishes a little, first taste is awesome, tastes like a subdued IPA, but it’s an ale. Alcohol is not present at first , but it is there. Resins, pine aromas are forward, but controlled. Great beer, one of the best.

obxdude10 (2324) - Pottstown, Pennsylvania, USA - MAY 10, 2002
UPDATED: JUN 7, 2012 I have to update my rating after getting another case of this the other week. This IIPA is so much better than my original opinion and notes. Very hoppy, nice amber color & hue, kept a very nice head, a nice balance, very smooth, crisp hop flavor, hoppy & floral aroma, very nice IPA.

Suttree (6385) - Knoxville, Tennessee, USA - MAY 20, 2002
Non-playin’ West Coast Hop Monster. No finess, no balance. Just drink it.

TheBeerCollector (633) - Woodstock, Georgia, USA - NOV 1, 2006
UPDATED: MAY 5, 2007 Wow... I’ve died and gone to hop heaven. Great hop bite with a hint of maltiness. Alcohol is subtle but noticeable. Very, very good.

pinolian (3) - pinole, California, USA - JUL 22, 2007 does not count
Wow! This is one smooth Double IPA. Hoppiness and clean finish is unique and refreshing. My Local keg supplier is currently unable to get kegs of Ruination. I have only tasted in bottles and can’t wait to taste it on tap.

sickassmick (229) - Concord, California, USA - MAR 22, 2008
big nose on this.... very sweet with a side of hops. pour is brown golden with a bubbly head that retains fairly well and laces the glass. The front end on this is sweet, and the sweetness is immediately thinned out by the perfect shot of hops. medium big body and really a not too overpowering aftertaste. I could say that the commercial description makes sense because it is awfully similar to the regular IPA, but bigger. and thats why i gotta say I like it that much more because of it. Beautiful Job. Little too sweet, but easily one of my favorites. If you could find the medium of this and Stone’s Ruination, I’d be all over it.

coreycdxx (1) - Maryland, USA - SEP 20, 2012 does not count
Pretty much everything I love in an imperial ipa. Very drinkable, but not too overwhelming.

el_guapo (28) - California, USA - MAY 26, 2013
Love every Lagunitas beer I have had. This is no exception. Malty flavor like most of their beers, but also has the characteristic citrusy goodness of an ipa. Love it, will buy again.

Medco131 (2) - - FEB 26, 2015 does not count
A great tasting beer. Enjoy it with food or by itself. A 22oz beer that goes down like a 12 oz beer. What does that tell you.