overall
RATINGS: 2325   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.75/5   IBU: 72   EST. CALORIES: 246   ABV: 8.2%
At the height of the heat in the heart of the summer, we felt that the only cure was a raging mouthful of fresh hops and malt. Caution: May remove enamel from teeth. This is Lagunitas IPA pumped up by about 30%!
IBU: 72.41

MrNic (16) - Laramie, Wyoming, USA - DEC 17, 2012
Pours a copper orange color with a 2-finger white head that sticks around until the last sip. I noticed that this beer has some floaters in it (Lagunitas doesn’t filter their beers), but that doesn’t bother me. It also has some alcohol legs, which doesn’t surprise me for an 8.2% beer. The aroma is pine and BIG sweet citrus and pineapple. It also has a bit of resinous hop aroma in there as well. The flavor is pine, sweet caramel maltiness with a nice hop bitterness to balance it out. I also pick up a little bit of a bready maltiness as well. Overall, this is one of my favorite IPA’s. It’s in the top five for sure. Massive hop flavor and aroma and a big malt backbone to balance it out makes this beer one of my favorites.

el_guapo (28) - California, USA - MAY 26, 2013
Love every Lagunitas beer I have had. This is no exception. Malty flavor like most of their beers, but also has the characteristic citrusy goodness of an ipa. Love it, will buy again.

Medco131 (2) - - FEB 26, 2015 does not count
A great tasting beer. Enjoy it with food or by itself. A 22oz beer that goes down like a 12 oz beer. What does that tell you.

davidm (2080) - Sunnyvale, California, USA - JAN 23, 2011
Bottle 330ml. Masterpiece. Aromas of caramel, grass, butter, a bit of citrus, and a touch of alcohol. Taste is bitter, with balancing maltiness, and very long length. Palate is creamy, and full bodied. Orange, with a frothy white head.

gplewis1324 (1) - Kansas, USA - MAY 12, 2012 does not count
Lucious, one of the better IPA’s I’ve ever tasted. My wife normally doesn’t care for IPA’s, and she loved this one.

Festus69 (18) - - NOV 24, 2012
Oh far out man, crank it to the max, don’t be afraid to slam some of this juice down your wanton yapper!! Love the pup logo love this beer Lagunitas makes stupendous brew!

Ricksterdu (39) - - NOV 3, 2013
This is my go to beer when I'm looking for a double ipa. The price is fair at $11.99 a 6 pack. (I hope those money grubbing folks at three floyds is reading this, I Am SICK of their 22 oz bottles for $10.99) The alcohol content sets the tone but is not overwhelming. Nice sweet, fruity off the nose. Nice and hoppy. Carbonation is perfect. The alcohol is masked perfectly. I replaced dreadnaught with this beer permanently due to monetary concerns. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

bbennasat (1) - - DEC 17, 2014 does not count
Very hoppy taste balanced with strong taste of malt and alcohol. I love! They know how to brew a good beer I the US after all.

Sir_TasteALot (1) - SWEDEN - AUG 15, 2016 does not count
This is one of my favorite IPA’s since it fits perfectly with food (especially spicy food) but just as well on its own. The fresh, fruity taste and its well balanced bitterness makes this incredibly enjoyable and relaxing beer one of my definite choices when buying beers! Try drinking with homemade burgers or spicy mexican food, such as tacos.