RATINGS: 32   MEAN: 3.39/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.28/5   SEASONAL: Autumn   EST. CALORIES: 180   ABV: 6%
An Ale in the spirit of the German 'Ach Tuber Fest' Big on Malt, easy on the Hops.

Zach Diesel (905) - Sisters, Oregon, USA - OCT 18, 2003
solid malty aroma, red orange with a big head, large caramely malt body with some residual sweetness and a slight metallic finish

lunaticharness (183) - Torrance, California, USA - OCT 4, 2003
2003 version, nice pleasant aroma that is kind of bland but very sweet, nice creamy tight head, lots of sweet malt flavor - little bit of hops - with a flavor that wanted to remind me of sweet potato, very smooth and easy to drink

fly (1487) - austin, Tejas, Texas, USA - DEC 9, 2002
I'm guessing this is the one I had, since I no longer have the bottle in front of me. Remeber a bock ref. THat is the one thing I disagree with I guess. I enjoy most of the offereings, but usually think(despite my love of hops) that bocks should be hopped withinthe perspective of the malts. Or a much more sweet malt finish. Just my perspective.

beerguy101 (5364) - Newark, California, USA - OCT 26, 2002
Numbers for 2002 2001 release. This one was MUCH better than the 2000 version. 'Ach Tuber Fest' Medium Amber color, small head. Medium bodied ale. Mild malts and slightly hoppy. Good flavor, smooth taste. Malt flavor is slightly sweet, balanced with a slight hop bitterness. Mouthfeel is full and round. Finish is clean and smooth. Aftertaste is slightly bitter. Very nice smooth malty beer. Slightly different from the 2000 version, the 2001version is much maltier and smoother. Better taste. Very nice beer.

kyzr (1608) - Montana, USA - OCT 12, 2002
Great looking beer in the glass. Just enough sweetness to counter the sour. A little heavy on the carbonation, but that's me.

loweredsixth (946) - Clovis, California, USA - OCT 6, 2002
Strong sweet/sour apple aroma and flavor that see a lot in west coast American pale ales. Pretty amber/dark brown color...lace all the way down the glass...just the right amount of carbonation.

flutetokill (523) - Fresno, California, USA - OCT 6, 2002
Slightly cloudy, golden brown color. Apple hops aroma, malty apple hoppy taste. Very nice.

joet (2678) - Wilsonville, Oregon, USA - OCT 5, 2002
Bright, aromatically hoppy but not very bitter -- only 23 IBUs, refreshing, crisp and very drinkable. While it's true this isn't very Maerzenisch, Lagunitas can color outside the lines for me anytime they wish. Good beer is good beer. Period.

scowlzineamg99 (8) - San Francisco, California, USA - OCT 3, 2002 does not count
I wish I could give this beer a better rating - as it was quite delicious on tap on the Toronado (10/02). However, it's significantly overhopped for a Marzen style beer, which means that though it's a great beer, it's only a good festbier.

rich42 (128) - USA - SEP 29, 2002
pretty decent harvest ale. not a real octoberfest but still has marzen-like flavor. decent body with moderate malt. lots of hop spiciness with a bit more bitterness than is common for the style - gives it a little zip. dark amber color. I believe I'm having the 2002 release - which I gather is better than earlier ones.