overall
RATINGS: 424   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.9/5   SEASONAL: Special   IBU: 100   EST. CALORIES: 357   ABV: 11.9%
In 1971, the Waldos met one afteroon at 4:20 in the front courtyard of their school near the statue of Louis Pasteur. They set out in a ’66 Impala armed with a "treasure map" on a journey to find a secret garden near Point Reyes. They met there at the same time every day and continued their quest. They never found the secret garden....But they keep lookin’. The dankest and hoppiest beer ever brewed at Lagunitas was made with help of the Waldos for all treasure hunters.

DocLock (10647) - Lower Pottsgrove, Pennsylvania, USA - APR 24, 2015
Draft at Whole Foods PM. Pours hazy dark straw with white head. Nose is intense resiny hops, honeydew, pineapple. Tastes well balanced, with extremely well hidden alcohol, juicy hops, melon, citrus, and a crisp, velvety finish. Bravo!

PugUglyBrewer (612) - - APR 1, 2017
A fine, fine, FINE imperail IPA here. Glowing gold color iwht a healty head of creamy white foam. Sweet, vibrant orange and grapefruti citrus on the nose. On the taste there are more intense notes of grapefruit and caramel sweetness. Pleasant alcohol burn in the finish with some very dry pine leaving the tongue begging for more.

ads135 (4587) - Omaha, Nebraska, USA - MAY 17, 2016
Wow, this is a fantastic imperial IPA, maybe the best I’ve had. Its super sweet, which disguises the ridiculous ABV. VERY potent fruitiness, mostly tropical with some citrus.

tribblemaker (18) - Michigan, USA - APR 20, 2015
On draft at Ashley’s. About as perfect as an IPA can be. Super floral aroma, super dank hops flavour. Like fermented weed, only far better (as weed makes me nauseous, and this was just delicious).

Odysseyalien (73) - New Jersey, USA - APR 24, 2016
I didn’t expect much thinking it would be another over rated listing. Hmmm...I pour into my snifter from the 12 oz bottle. Wow, smells like the pine forests of the Pacific Northwest with ripe mangos in the mix. My exact words upon first sip, quote: "Oh...sh*t"!. No kidding! The taste was just like the smell, like drinking an orange mango sherbet or something like that. Really blew me away unlike any other double IPA has in the last few years. Really a nice surprise and pleasant gift from Lagunitas. Six packs instead of four packs to boot. This is up there in the top five for me as far as imperial ipas are concerned. Bravo!

Tstamba (775) - Maryland, USA - APR 29, 2016
Draft at Map room. Snifter.., pale amber gold with white head and lacing. The dankest aroma ever, big pine and resin notes with tropical fruit (guava, mango, passion) and florals seeping in the side. Dank bitter dry finish.., my new favorite DIPA!!! Wow!

Gmku (303) - Baltimore, Maryland, USA - MAY 1, 2016
This is a delicious beer. In fact, after consuming a lot this beer over the past several weeks, I’m left wondering if there is a double- or even triple-IPA, receiving its level of distribution, that comes even close. I believe I just purchased the last couple of sixers on the shelf in my neck of the woods, and I’m going to miss this lovely monster. One good sign, for me, of an excellent IPA is when aroma hits me as soon as I uncap a bottle, and I’m smacked in the face with a good dark and dank hoppy one every time with Waldos. Beyond the aroma, there’s plenty of taste to enjoy--bread-like, a little hay, and resin and flowery beyond belief. The ABV is evident in every sip, but in a kind and welcoming way. Don’t pass this up. Or do, and leave that much more for me, please.

davidm (2080) - Sunnyvale, California, USA - APR 22, 2017
Delicious beer. Great balance and very long flavours of citrus, pine, and notes of caramel.

ordybill (1732) - Douglasville, Georgia, USA - MAY 2, 2017
Poured from a 12 OZ bottle into a pint glass. The appearance is a clear golden color with a small white head. The aroma is a full on assault of citrus hops. The taste is a nice mellow hop bomb. Outstanding beer.

curtisgrif (1) - CENTREVILLE, Virginia, USA - APR 20, 2012 does not count
UPDATED: APR 21, 2012 A fresh tap pour from Dogwood Tavern in Falls Church, VA. Lagunitas actually outdid themselves on this hop masterpiece! A 9.2% Double IPA that smells like a fresh hop garden, is PERFECTLY well balanced, and drinks like something of a session IPA. Floral, citrusy-sweet and piney, I could drink this all night long!!!!! Unfortunately, it wasn’t lit enough to see the color, but I’m almost certain of a full clarity, amber-yellow. It has a thin white, sugary lacing, This is very possibly my favorite beer from the hop side of Lagunitas ever!