overall
Serve in Thistle

RATINGS: 172   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.4/5   IBU: 24   EST. CALORIES: 216   ABV: 7.2%
Brewed in the classic Scotch Ale style dating back to the 1700’s, with a deep reddish brown color. Full of body, sweetness and flavor. Higher in alcohol content but possessing a smooth and lightly hopped finish. Best served at 45 degrees F in a room temperature pint glass. For the ’Big Beer’ drinkers among us.

barleyandmalt (25) - USA - NOV 30, 2004
My favorite beer. Forward alcohol, but appropriate. Sweet in the way a scotch ale should be, but certainly not too sweet like many are. Fruity-malt finish. Solid mouthfeel. Way to go LL!

Pigfoot (2268) - Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA - NOV 3, 2004
Murky brown appearance, like Mississippi mud, enormous head on my pint glass, thick, light cocoa-brown, creamy, softly popping down to size. Aroma, nice and malty, distinct notes of cocoa, cream, delicate spices, nuts, a tricle of maple syrup or molasses, a little woody, a very complex and substantial Scotch Ale nose, quite rewarding in all respects. Taste: huge, and uplifting mouthfeel, the Warp speed just floods the palate, washes over the senses, coats the mouth with deliciousness. Wow! This was my reaction on first sip, and guess what? Also, and the 2nd, and 3rd,...and so on, and so forth. Big flavor in this, big taste, full bodied all the way, with a long, fruity/ nutty/malty finish. A very solid beer, a winner all the way! If I were as lucky as, say, cokes (who I thank for this growler), and could get this brew with regularity, I’d be a member of the Warp Speed Sippin’ Club, except I imagine I’d gulp it now and then, and even swig it! I’m less than 1/3 into the jug, and I’m thrilled at the thought that I have so much more left to enjoy! I marvel again, with every additional taste!

safhundos (9) - St Petersburg, Florida, USA - FEB 19, 2016 does not count
Malty as a scotch ale should be. Slightly dry on the palate. Good taste profile. True to style.

Erdinger2003 (127) - West Union, Iowa, USA - JAN 1, 2008
Pours a nice frothy head with really good lacing and a clear dark brown color. It falls into a thin layer that sticks around. Smooth brown flavors and a bite of some sort. This is a great beer, went well with turkey and stuffing.

GuenSmith (28) - Wisconsin, USA - JUL 6, 2015
Pours coffee colored with half inch of cream colored foam. Nose has notes of caramel, coffee, malt, oak, and spices. Palate is silky with slight effervescence in the mouth with a strong finish. Taste is pleasant with notes of chocolate, coffee, finishing strong with oaked bourbon. This is a great beer that can appeal to a wide variety of enthusiasts.

frisbe60 (14) - Spring Green, Wisconsin, USA - DEC 20, 2005
From the bottle showed little head, as is the style. Flavors that agree wth me, slight chocolate. Great body and mouth feel. Not too sweet to drink multiple servings, but high enough in alcohol not to drink too many. Have had it from the tap at The Shed (in Spring Green), and wish I could post a review while drink the tap. I’ll take notes next time. One of my favorite beers.

wlajwl (7065) - Quad Cities, Iowa, USA - JUL 5, 2012
Aroma is very malty and medium nutty. The flavor is malts, mild sweetness, fruit and a mildly smooth, slightly hoppy finish.