overall
Baysville, Canada

RATINGS: 114   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.05/5   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
Formerly known as Rousse Ale

BigfFatBeerLover81 (34) - St. Thomas, Ontario, CANADA - APR 1, 2017
Chocolate lovers get down on this. Possibly the best red ale on the market. If you like ale; are Canadian; and you go back to Ricakrd’s; you have no soul.

BrewGoblin (632) - Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, CANADA - JUN 16, 2014
Well, I ain’t even gonna be shy about it, I loved this beer. It has a pretty shitty rating but I loved it. I am still curious as to why ’Red Ale" is not a style and must be classified as an Amber when it clearly stands apart. Firstly, this brew is a pretty redhead, a rusted gold with a long lasting head. A wonderful bouquet of burnt toffee, barnyard, fresh bread and buckwheat honey awaits the nose. It is quite sweet and very malty, exactly how I like my reds unless they claim to be Red IPAs or some such hoppy style. Not too bubbly and smoothness like silk make it a pleasure to drink. I’d raise this pint any day.

MarkoTheSpud (7) - - MAY 22, 2017 does not count
Very good red ale. Can was clever so I bought it. My dad likes reds so I got it for him. We like it. Nice bittery and malty taste. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

Hidden_Pooch (518) - Stratford, Prince Edward Island, CANADA - JUN 16, 2014
I never would of thought this would score so low. Probably only the best Amber I have tasted and one of the better beers. Poured a beautiful rusted gold colour, I got lost just looking into my glass. Aroma was of toffee, leather, barn, and smoke. It tasted of honey, caramel, and toasty malts. Had a medium smooth body with low carbonation. It finished with a smooth honey after taste, that left me wanting more. A very great beer that stands out above other ambers.

Bierdimpfe (640) - Quebec, CANADA - SEP 10, 2016
Deep cloudy brownish/dark amber color with a copper hue, and powerful activity. Thick slightly creamy beige 1 finger head, lasting around 10 minutes, with strong sexy legs. Flavors of cookies, butterscotch, dark malts, burnt honey, chocolate, lemon, sharp grassy hops, herbal and floral spices. Balanced sweetness and sharpness. Malty, grassy, and a little woody. Slick creamy full body with a perfect zesty amount of carbonation. Medium strength finish, ending with a bitter grassy herbal feel with sweet smoky honey and a lingering roasted malt feel. Overall very good quality craft. Excellent flavors with great freshness. Well balanced and intensified. Highly drinkable and pleasant. Good quality ingredients. Excellent red ale.