overall
RATINGS: 429   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.43/5   IBU: 38   EST. CALORIES: 210   ABV: 7%
Our flagship beer, this English Strong Ale is available throughout the Adirondacks and greater Northeast. Deep garnet red in color, Ubu weighs in at 7% alcohol by volume (ABV) but is known for its fantastic taste. It features dark fruit and roasted malt flavors, with a slightly bitter finish. 43 SRM.

Dansting (222) - Overland Park, Kansas, USA - MAR 22, 2008
Bottle. Poured a cloudy dark amber color with a thick beige head. Plenty of lacing. Aroma is very nutty with a hint of fruit. Mouthfeel is a little too fizzy for what I like my strong ales to be. Flavor is ok. Mainly roasted malts, and more bitter than I’d expected. This was decent, but nothing I’d go out of my way to get.

NPRugby11 (219) - New York, USA - APR 5, 2010
A nice example of the style, deep red with toffee and hop scent, with caramel and a bit of coffee in the taste and aftertaste.

Photog (215) - Camillus, New York, USA - DEC 28, 2010
This had a dark brown color. Aroma was caramel malt, a bit bready, possibly a hint of nuts, slightly roasty. Taste was medium sweet, I couldn’t find any hops if they were in there. Not a bad beer at all.

BEERGUY007 (206) - Scotia, New York, USA - JAN 6, 2008
Nice beer! Bottle from Glenville beverage. Stored and served at 50 degrees. Dark brown with a nice tan head that leaves a very nice lace around my glass. no real smell of hops, as it should be, flavor is medum in character. It is a little bitter but a little sticky sweet too. This beer is perfect for it’s style. Go find one. Or ask me, Ill trade you something. You should have one.

hoplover406 (204) - Crofton, Maryland, USA - FEB 22, 2008
Tap @ Lake Placid Brewpub. First of all I should say that this fine brew is made in such a wonderfull town. It is a very fitting "flagship" beer to represent this olympic town on Mirror Lake. It pours dark, mahogany brown with a tan head. Roasted malt aroma with a nutty, semi-sweet taste. If you’re ever in this out of the way locale you should make it a priority to visit their brewpub and settle in for a pint or two.

pistolpete (203) - USA - JUN 9, 2009
12 oz bottle .... a little malty a little dark, a little generic,... a little good... i like

codfishh (202) - Ottawa, Ontario, CANADA - JAN 20, 2016
331ml bottle from the brewery. Pours a dark reddish brown, creamy tan head. Aroma of treacle and coffee maybe a little Sherry notes. Flavor lots of coffee some molasses spicy dark rye bread. Medium body medium carbonation, a little prickly on the tongue.

WLG423 (201) - Connecticut, USA - SEP 13, 2009
Pours out with a light caramel head and a dark brown black color. Full flavor with a hoppy aftertaste

WillieV (197) - Maryland, USA - APR 7, 2008
Bottle: Deep red pour with a filmy head to it. Aroma of coffee beans dark chocolate and a hint of alcohol. A very smooth drink with subtle hints of chocolate and I believe caramel. BOM.

Bonster (182) - Jersey Shore, New Jersey, USA - SEP 23, 2009
12 oz bottle from coldbrewky. Pours a deep reddish brown with a thin head. The sweet roasted malt aroma first catches my attention and draws me in. Flavor is sugar, malt, and fruits. It has a slight bitterness at the end as well. I didn’t notice the alcohol but I was already feeling pretty good by the time I had this one.