overall
RATINGS: 441   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.43/5   IBU: 38   EST. CALORIES: 210   ABV: 7%
Our flagship beer, this English Strong Ale is available throughout the Adirondacks and greater Northeast. Deep garnet red in color, Ubu weighs in at 7% alcohol by volume (ABV) but is known for its fantastic taste. It features dark fruit and roasted malt flavors, with a slightly bitter finish. 43 SRM.

GuinnessGal (93) - Virginia, USA - MAY 18, 2008
A beer of the month club beer for me. Big malty nose and a flowery hop note. Advertised as sweet but went down less sweet tahn expected so I loved it! Smooth beer!

rollingwood (91) - Maryland, USA - DEC 6, 2009
Deep, red pour (almost brown until you candle it) with a light brown head. Extremely well-balanced malt-hop pairing. Fresh cherry-fruit nose leads to a sip of cherry, caramel, and toffee notes. Finishes as bitter-sweet chocolate. Amazing array of tastes. Delicious product.

seekingup2 (80) - - DEC 13, 2011
Aroma of fruit, caramel and nuts upon pour. Nice smooth drink with a little bit of a sour finish. Good beer overall!

Droptank (79) - Spring, Texas, USA - MAY 6, 2008
Very good brew. Malty taste and smell and smooth finish with a sting of bitterness on the back end. I also detected a hint of molasses in there as well.

rob897 (62) - Buffalo, New York, USA - OCT 19, 2007
Pour is a deep amber, the aroma is sweet and malty. Flavor is smooth with some spicy hops and a nice hoppy finish

skisangelo (60) - Collingswood, New Jersey, USA - MAR 28, 2005
It poured a dark ruby color and thick foamy tan head that vanished quickly. Smells of both sweet malt and strong hops, and this carries through nicely to the taste. It’s moderately hopped, but not dominated by it, there is a nice maltiness as well. Rather drinkable, especially if you’re looking for a nice ale with a sweet taste.

njmoons (59) - New Jersey, USA - SEP 22, 2009
One of the first micro’s I ever had (many years ago), tried it while at a hockey tournament in Lake Placid. So Ubu Ale is in part responsible for my beer obsession. I had another one recently to see what I think today. It poured a rich dark brown, with a thin head which had some staying power. Smell of ale yeast, with some fruit tones, and aroma hops. The hops tended to dominate the aroma. Taste, Ubu is a very hoppy strong ale. I am not a ’hop head’ by any means, but I felt the beer was still in balance (sweet to bitter), and enjoyable. The beer had a typical mouthfeel and was drinkable. If you like hoppy ale you would likely find this very drinkable.

Lehighbri (46) - Pennsylvania, USA - APR 15, 2011
This beer’s just not the same when drinking it when it’s springtime... definitely a winter time/cold temperature beer. Average aroma and color but good sweet/caramel taste.

AmyGinger (43) - USA - FEB 21, 2010
Not a big fan of most Placid brews but love Ubu. Great flavor, great on the palate. Just not the best appearance in my opinion

pubscout (30) - Perth Amboy, New Jersey, USA - APR 1, 2005
I got tipped to this beer while visiting my local liquor locker, and great tip it was, too. beautiful, deep garnet color, wonderful nose and very nice mouthfeel combine to make this a worthy addition to your stash. Malty and rich-tasting, it could easily serve as a session beer, but enjoyed it with my dinner of meat loaf and potatoes smothered with brown gravy and onions. First LP beer I’ve tried--at least as far as I can remember--and it’s a winner in my book.