RATINGS: 2   MEAN: 3.7/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.27/5   SEASONAL: Winter   EST. CALORIES: 159   ABV: 5.3%

Most RecentTicked By

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
ChazyRPh (583) - Chazy, New York, USA - DEC 3, 2004
Growler, Nice dark brown pour, almost opaque with a generous tan head that lingers nicely. Roasty malt aroma, kinda smells like the brewery. Some hints of chocolate and just a whisper of vanilla. Vanilla hits you right away, but definately not strongly. Wonderfully roasty with some chocobitterness. I agree with DYC that it is a little thin, but I like this brew.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
DYCSoccer17 (3683) - Woodland, California, USA - NOV 26, 2004
Shit, just lost my description. Growler. Ok, this beer is quite sweet in the nose with strong coffee notes, sweet chocolate, and vanilla. Roasts are also detectable as well. Smells like french vanilla cafe. Beautiful dark brown/mahogany color that is mildly transparent with a tan head with the stamina of a monadnock. Quite impressive from a growler. Thin, backed up by lots of chocolate malts and vanilla hints as well. Nice roastiness to finish. Small touch of hops as well. This is a decent porter. I like my porters on the thin side, but this is a tad too thin and slightly boring. Give me Magic Hat’s Ravell as the best of this style.