abysterical (1) - - MAY 27, 2016 does not count
Good beer that will get you drunk quick, only have to hold your breath for the swigs of the first 1-2 bottles, after that just rolls down your throat. jpwetz (2) - Saint Louis, Missouri, USA - JAN 8, 2016 does not count
Very nice drink, smooth on the palate, not overly bitey. I think th e rye really rounds this beer out. I will definitely be buying more in the near future. ScottageCheese (4) - - SEP 15, 2012 does not count
Excellent Red Ale from Wisconsin's 2nd best craft beer maker! Smooth finish, malted hops with a hint of caramel. Darker Red beer, but a fantastic beer!
---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone pjwalsh2 (87) - Palos Park, Illinois, USA - DEC 1, 2011
1. Look – A hazy amber-brown color ale with a large frothy off white color head.
2. Sniff – This is ale has a caramel aroma with a noticeable hoppy nose.
3. Sip – This medium bodied red ale is full of malty flavors, but has a crisp hoppy taste as well. Also, there is a significant amount of sediment in this ale giving it a hearty characteristic. There is a subtle grapefruit finish with hints of pine also.
4. Another Look – This is an excellent looking red ale and has excellent lacing.
5. Evaluate – Overall, this is my new favorite red ale. It has a sweet malty taste with a bold hoppy backbone. I would strongly recommend this ale to those who enjoy easy-to-drink ales. This unfiltered ale is a well-crafted and offers plenty to those seeking more from their beers.
bshotbox (12) - Wisconsin, USA - APR 19, 2012
a great compromise if you need a quick hop fix, but will not overpower your palate, a well balanced "go to" for a refreshing hoped up red ale
strap (955) - Sindelfingen, GERMANY - DEC 20, 2012
Deep red with a thin white head. Complex taste...a strong pine flavored hoppiness on the front with some cola sweetness on the back end. Well done beer, not at all what I expected
---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone helms05 (8) - Kansas City, Missouri, USA - AUG 15, 2014 does not count
This is honestly now my favorite red. I had this on tap, AT the brewery, many times. Very nice in color and appearance (amber red, as it should be). Complex flavor for a red. Aroma is standard for a red, nothing crazy but not boring. J1897 (4) - green bay, Wisconsin, USA - OCT 29, 2012 does not count
One of my favorite beer, it has good hop smell its grassy and has hood after taste. By far one of the best lake front beer they have brew habadin (15) - Raleigh, North Carolina, USA - NOV 11, 2012
Bottle. Awesome smell.Not too overpowering. Low the red ale color. Taste malty and hoppy. Being born in Milwaukee doesn’t influence this rating at all... BeerBeforeH20 (129) - Minnesota, USA - JAN 2, 2013
delicious hop smell, great balanced flavor. This is certainly my favorite offering from Lakefront, was actually really surprised on the first gulp of this beer after having tried other lakefront brews. This is my go to amber ale now, really hides the ABV well and makes a good session beer.