overall
RATINGS: 275   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.47/5   SEASONAL: Winter   IBU: 19   EST. CALORIES: 285   ABV: 9.5%
Timed to coincide with the holiday season, a very special lager is brewed with honey, oranges, and spices. This beer uses two pounds of honey per pound of malt in its brew, making it an exceptional fortified holiday specialty beer which will keep for years. The spices and hops balance the sweetness of the honey and malt to give this lightly hopped beer its perfect flavor.
Alcohol ABV varies from 9.5% to 11% each year

UkrainPubCrawler (122) - Minnesota, USA - JAN 26, 2014
This is a very delicious seasonal beer. This beer probably has the best blend of flavors of a holiday seasonal I’ve had. Delicious blend of spices contribute to the amazing flavor of this beer. Nice foamy head and great hoppy flavor! Excellent!

TheBeerLover (1027) - DC Metro Area, USA - DEC 22, 2006
UPDATED: DEC 23, 2006 12 oz bottle, 2006 version. Now this is a Christmas beer! Pours to a slightly hazy burnt orange color, with a tall, white head, that fades, and a soft carbonation. The nose on this beer is wonderful. Lots of zesty and spicy aromas of clove, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and orange peel, mix with some honey sweetness and peppery alcohol. The plate is rich, and oily on the tongue, with lots of good sweet malt, toffee, orange flavor, and honey sweetness that coats the tongue. This beer finishes with more wonderful spicy flavors of clove, nutmeg, cinnamon, and ginger that linger with some soothing, peppery, alcohol. This beer is Christmas in a glass. The perfect beer to sip and savor next to a roaring fire, and a beer I will enjoy while reading Charles Dickins’ classic A Christmas Carol.

julieimagery (182) - Coconut creek, Florida, USA - JAN 29, 2012
UPDATED: MAR 8, 2012 One of the best smelling beers I’ve had, it’s very tasty and thick with tons of spices. It tastes like they shoved pumpkin pie and gingerbread cookies in a beer form. The honey isn’t too prominent but I do agree it balances the malt taste and makes for a very smooth feel on the tongue (especially on the finish). The alcohol is masked perfectly where it isn’t overwhelming. I would buy it again if I want a very "pumpkin spicy" type beer.

jebert (500) - Watertown, Wisconsin, USA - NOV 15, 2012
Pours dark mahogany with a thick frothy head of tan foam. Nose is cloves, spice and malt. Very palate pleasing- thick viscosity and creaminess. Taste is sweet- of malt, honey, caramel with hints of ginger, clove and cinnamon. A surprisingly good beer that will leave you wishing for the holidays all year long.

Pjones6738 (500) - Madison, Wisconsin, USA - JAN 11, 2003
Ooh! Now thats a great smelling beer. Cinnamon and all sorts of fun spices. Has a cloudy brown color. Mmmmmmm...a cinnamon beer. There's other flavors in here too, I'm noticing the honey in particular, but the cinnamon is really what makes this beer. This is delicious. I'm drinking my only bottle of this, I'm going to have to find more while it's still in season.

ElGaucho (2401) - Minnetonka, Minnesota, USA - DEC 16, 2006
Bottle. 2006. Sweet honey, alcohol and nutmeg invade the nose...in a good way. Very holidayish. I love making up new words. Dark, muddy, orangish brown body. Large head that settles quickly to an off-white ring with an oil slick of a head whose light color contrasts starkly against the dark body. No lace. At 9.5% ABV, alcohol is quite apparent, and again, in a good way. This is one of the better holiday beers I remember having. Key word: remember. Quite sweet, but never cloying. Full bodied and delicious. Not a flaw to be found. Some aspect of pumpkin pie. I was in Binny’s in Glen Ellyn when I saw this brew. Called my wife who gave me the average rating over the phone which was high enough for me to go for it. Trust me; this brew is underrated. Perhaps the lower ratings are due to previous versions that might not have been as outstanding? In reading the recent ratings, it appears only the last 3 are this year’s vintage. With all due respect to those three raters, they have underrated it. Do yourself a favor and get your hands on some of this. As far as domestic Christmas beers go, it doesn’t get much better than this.