overall
RATINGS: 418   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.16/5   SEASONAL: Autumn   EST. CALORIES: 163   ABV: 5.42%
Pumpkin Lager is brewed with pumpkins in the mash, spices added during the boil, and lightly hopped. The rich specialty grains and lager fermentation combine to produce the taste and the texture of pumpkin pie.

MadMan (495) - Tempe, Arizona, USA - NOV 5, 2007
Bottle. I’ve been seeking pumkin beers this year, and I believe this is my 3rd rating so far. This one pours an orangy brown with a disapearing pop like head. Aroma is pretty well dominated by cinnamon, but there is slight notes of other spices. Flavor comes in with some pumkin, loads of cinnamon, hints of nutmeg, allspice, brown sugar, all appropriate pumkin like flavors. Not getting any hops but thats okay, it’s not needed. Tthe finish comes in fairly dry and short. Palate on this is thin, watery, but I guess it’s supposed to be being a lager and all that. Slightly out of balance in my opinion and improperly spiced this one is coming in last so far on my pumkin spree. DFH is winning right now, I wish I could get my hands on some of that southern tier stuff or O’fallons, but still.

TheBeerBaron (261) - Florida, USA - NOV 4, 2007
A fittingly pumkin orange hue, foamy white head, no bubbly showing. Tasty pumkin and spice - really good aroma representing the label well. Thick type palate acceptable for a seasonal specialty flavor. Pumkin seed flavor comes to the front then a th ick buttery taste. Malt makes a limited appearance but takes a backseat to pumkin. Hops never showed up. In summation Lakefront gives exactly what the label advertises - pumkin and spice perfect for a holiday brew and one of the finest of a growing popular seasonal style.

BeerBelcher (972) - Columbus, Ohio, USA - NOV 3, 2007
I was going to a fall party, and picked up a six-pack of this to round out my other beer selections I brought with me. This is not the best pumpkin beer I’ve had (that would be Southern Tier Pumking), and it is not the most pumpkin-y (I think that would be O’Fallon’s pumpkin - but I haven’t had it since last year), but it is a crowd-pleaser of a beer; a good choice for people used to drinking American lagers but looking for something festive. Color is light lager color with some haziness. Aroma is definitely pumpkin-pie like; there was a lot of nutmeg and cinnamon spiciness and some suggestion of canned pumpkin pie filling. Flavor is more of the same, with a more pronounced suggestion of its pumpkin ingredients than I got from Jack’s or DFH Punkin’ (whose tastes didn’t really inform me that they were pumpkin beers). Mouthfeel it is a bit thin, but given that this is a lager, appropriate. Not bad, and made me feel like it was fall. I would argue that pumpkin pie is one of those items where there is not that much difference between the best and worst you’ve ever had. I would suggest that the same might be said for pumpkin beer. Still, I enjoyed this one. Recommended.

kreepindeth (404) - Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, USA - NOV 1, 2007
Light, cloudy orange with thin wispy head. Sweet caramel in the nose with some funky pumpkin notes. Light fizzy mouthfeel. Sweet caramel notes up front with some medium pumpkin meat. Taste is oddly vegetal. Finish is rather flat. Slightly clean and lager-like finish, not much bitterness to speak of. Suggestion of pumpkin guts.

nick76 (4402) - Tampa, Florida, USA - OCT 31, 2007
UPDATED: APR 18, 2010 The aroma has caramel malt, hops, spice, and a tiny bit of pumpkin and dirt. The appearance is light amber gold with an average head. The flavor is like the aroma. The palate is thin. Overall it’s OK maybe even better than OK but not something I would like to drink more than seasonally.

Palidor19 (3193) - Brandon, Florida, USA - OCT 31, 2007
decent, it has some very good points with some definitive flavors of pumpkins, but its a tad on the tart side at the end of the finish, malts are good with a bit of caramel, definitely a seasonal

SturmWulf (65) - USA - OCT 30, 2007
Nice aroma of pumpkin, nutmeg, cinnamon and cloves. Poured a pumkin orange with a small white head that quickly disappeared into a very thin fizzy cap. Left a very thin lacing on pint glass. Flavor of pumkin, hops, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg. A medium body, with medium to thick texture, lively carbonation with a slightly bitter ginger ale finish that was long. This is nice beer. Perfect for a cold blustery fall day. While I wont add it to my favorite rotation, I would definitely drink again. Nice job by LakeFront. If you like Pumkin brews definitely give this one a try.

Driftwood6 (214) - USA - OCT 28, 2007
On tap at Clark St. Ale House, Chicago. Definitely tasted the pumpkin flavor, although the overall body is very light. I wish it had a little more malt to beef up the beer-- I guess it’s just a light lager with pumpkin flavor.

WisconsinBeer (716) - St. Paul, Minnesota, USA - OCT 27, 2007
I’m pretty partial to pumpkin flavor, thus the above average rating. Light bodied, soft malts. Has that pumpkin pie flavor to it, pumpkin and pumpkin pie spice. Balanced without being cloying. Not much to say here, just a nice light pumpkin beer.

SSSteve (4006) - - OCT 17, 2007
slightly cloudy orange with some floaters under a small white head. heavily spiced(cinnamon, nutmeg, clove) pumpkin aroma. flavors are the same. light bodied. flavors are less potent than the nice aroma.