overall
RATINGS: 422   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.16/5   SEASONAL: Autumn   EST. CALORIES: 163   ABV: 5.42%
Pumpkin Lager is brewed with pumpkins in the mash, spices added during the boil, and lightly hopped. The rich specialty grains and lager fermentation combine to produce the taste and the texture of pumpkin pie.

berrya785 (441) - Kansas, USA - OCT 3, 2012
Pours a clear gold with a small white head. Aroma is pumpkin and nutmeg. Taste is sweet pumpkin and spices. Pretty good.

garmonbozia (429) - Hattiesburg, Mississippi, USA - OCT 16, 2008
Tasting at Keg and Barrel 12 Oct 08, kinda urine color with no head. smells of nutmeg and pumpkin spices. Mouthfell is thin and watery. It ends up with more of just a lager taste that pumpkin.

ScoWRee (421) - Perkiomen, Pennsylvania, USA - DEC 11, 2007
Pours a nice golden color with a nice white foamy head. Aroma of spice, nutmeg. Taste is intresting, A pumpkin flavor, nutmeg ginger. This is a nice beer.

prosqtor (408) - Appleton, Wisconsin, USA - AUG 8, 2007
This is OK, but I’ve had mixed results despite multiple attempts at trying it. Weaker taste than I want for what it is. Weaker color than I want. Spicy, and a little yeasty, and there is a little pumpkin, but just not that great. Would only drink one.

kreepindeth (404) - Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, USA - NOV 1, 2007
Light, cloudy orange with thin wispy head. Sweet caramel in the nose with some funky pumpkin notes. Light fizzy mouthfeel. Sweet caramel notes up front with some medium pumpkin meat. Taste is oddly vegetal. Finish is rather flat. Slightly clean and lager-like finish, not much bitterness to speak of. Suggestion of pumpkin guts.

Goblincat (399) - Petersburg, Michigan, USA - NOV 16, 2004
Pours amber with a small Head. Nose is heavy with pumpkin and spice... Very strong scent. Taste is almost too overpowering with pumpkin spices. I know that’s what this is marketed as, so I won’t discredit for that. Anyone looking for liquid pumpkin pie won’t be disappointed.

BeerAteHer (384) - St. Paul, Minnesota, USA - OCT 15, 2004
I am very impressed with the aroma of this beer. From the bottle it is like Campari and soda; from the glass it takes on a hoppiness and when taken in closer the aroma exhibits malts, elegant women’s perfume and spices. The flavor of this beer is unique to me as this is my first pumpkin flavored beer (figured it’s Halloween time so why not). Sort of hard to put a handle on, still a lot like Campari but with some tangy spice elements; perhaps the standard hops and malt elements should be more prevalent to make it seem less like a high-quality wine cooler. In fact, I don’t like its texture at all - carbonation is present but seems stifled, and there is a watered-down syrupiness. One thing that strikes me is that pumpkin doesn’t seem to figure too strongly anywhere in this beer - since this is claimed to taste like pumpkin pie I’ve decided to deduct 2 Overall points based on this. Note: if you're in Milwaukee I'd recommend this brewpub - truly a fun place with a sense of class, and many great brews to say the least.

dekester1 (365) - Town of Maple Creek, Wisconsin, USA - SEP 30, 2012
Poured a nice orangish amber with light head and lacing. Nutmeg spices and sweet malts predominated the nose. Taste was very smooth with a nice mix of malt, spices, pumpkin with a light to moderate hop finish. Mouth was good. Overall, likely the best pumpkin brew I have tasted.

tysongillmore (362) - Tucson, Arizona, USA - NOV 21, 2015
I didn't take any extra notes when I tried this beer for the first time but I'm gonna try it again and update my comments. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

ajtrupp (340) - Broomfield, Colorado, USA - OCT 12, 2013
This pumpkin is more spice than pumpkin, but it is pretty damn tasty. It's a good seasonal. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone