overall
RATINGS: 552   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.35/5   IBU: 16   EST. CALORIES: 168   ABV: 5.6%
The rich amber color and caramel flavor of this beer are derived from the generous amount of caramel malt in our recipe, with just a dash of roasted unmalted barley for a subtle toasted flavor in the background. The sweetness, body, and mouth feel tell you that this is an all-malt beer. The finish has a balanced edge of Willamen and Casade hoppiness which cuts through the malty character, leaving a clean palate which beckons for more. Note: the terminology of "stein" refers to the appropriate drinking vessel and not to a type of beer made with hot rocks.

Pjones6738 (500) - Madison, Wisconsin, USA - SEP 14, 2002
Nice amber color, with a thick long lasting head. Malty smell, with a bit of fruit. Fantastic mouthfeel, light and crisp. The taste is subtle and hard to define...slightly caramelly, but with a sweeter bite to it. It feels like the opposite of the Belgians I've tried. While those club you over the head with a variety of flavors, here the flavors are in the background, blended together well. A laid-back beer, if that makes any sense. Goes down very smooth, and I could see making this one of my everyday beers.

JoeM500 (1909) - Crown Point, Indiana, USA - JUL 14, 2003
Damn this is good lager!! Sweet, rich malts aplenty and a perfect little cascade hops balancer at the finish. So clean and thirst quenching, I would find it hard to believe that any beer drinker would have anything bad to say about it. Hints of peaty smokiness and earthy notes linger after each sip.

TheDean (786) - MIlwaukee, Wisconsin, USA - AUG 2, 2003
So my best friend and I have made a Saturday tradition out of going down to Lakefront Brewery (as it is about a mile from my house), and doing the “Brewery Tour.” For those of you who have taken the tour, you know it consists of buying a LF Brewery Pint glass with 4 chips for free beers in it. Well, my friend Jen and I have never really seen any point in taking the actual tour (we’ll occasionally sneak downstairs to where there second taper is and refill our cups for free), as we end up getting (at least) 5 beers (4 there and one at either Nomad or Walski’s) for $5. What a great city.

fuyajo (229) - Portland, Oregon, USA - AUG 11, 2003
Very creamy flavor and beautiful color – a must-drink Milwaukee brew. Another great beer from a great brewery.

jtw (1170) - farmington, Michigan, USA - NOV 9, 2004
super malty aroma, with the ever-so-slight cascadelike tang hidden in there. damn! suprising take on the style. very hoppy for a vienna, but i think i like it. sublime malt backbone with a dry clean finish. awesome balance, hardly cloying despite all the malt. probably the best vienna i’ve had.

BigBen2120 (687) - Derry, New Hampshire, USA - JUN 7, 2008
12oz brown bottle from The Lighthouse in Manchester as part of this brewery’s sampler 8-pack. Pours a dark amber with a good half inch or so of off-white head. Smells bready with a fair bit of caramel. Tastes biscuity with strong caramel and chocolate. Medium in body with moderate carbonation. Actually a pretty tasty beer, and pretty damn drinkable. One of this brewery’s better offerings IMO.

GemalzteGerste (33) - Madison, Wisconsin, USA - JAN 23, 2011
On tap. An excellent lager. Pours a lovely dark copper color with about a finger of foam. Taste is of caramel malts followed by a pleasant hop finish. Definitely one of the better lagers I’ve had.

lagermeister (13) - Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA - APR 1, 2012
On tap. Pours a nice rich creamy head. Coppery color accents the malty aroma. Sweet taste on the first sip, then a rush of hops. Milwaukee’s best Vienna style lager.

boarderx47 (1) - - APR 19, 2012 does not count
This is a great everyday beer for me. It has a Sweeter aftertaste that leaves the palate refreshed and wanting more. More of a summer beer as it is not an IPA or a Stout that I usually drink. Living in Milwaukee it I love drinking local beers and this is one of my instant go to beers.

robobeerbelly (78) - Wisconsin, USA - APR 9, 2013
a little bit of a bitter taste at the end but overall an excellent beer. I will definately be getting this again.