overall
RATINGS: 557   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.35/5   IBU: 16   EST. CALORIES: 168   ABV: 5.6%
The rich amber color and caramel flavor of this beer are derived from the generous amount of caramel malt in our recipe, with just a dash of roasted unmalted barley for a subtle toasted flavor in the background. The sweetness, body, and mouth feel tell you that this is an all-malt beer. The finish has a balanced edge of Willamen and Casade hoppiness which cuts through the malty character, leaving a clean palate which beckons for more. Note: the terminology of "stein" refers to the appropriate drinking vessel and not to a type of beer made with hot rocks.

TheDean (786) - MIlwaukee, Wisconsin, USA - AUG 2, 2003
So my best friend and I have made a Saturday tradition out of going down to Lakefront Brewery (as it is about a mile from my house), and doing the “Brewery Tour.” For those of you who have taken the tour, you know it consists of buying a LF Brewery Pint glass with 4 chips for free beers in it. Well, my friend Jen and I have never really seen any point in taking the actual tour (we’ll occasionally sneak downstairs to where there second taper is and refill our cups for free), as we end up getting (at least) 5 beers (4 there and one at either Nomad or Walski’s) for $5. What a great city.

fuyajo (229) - Portland, Oregon, USA - AUG 11, 2003
Very creamy flavor and beautiful color – a must-drink Milwaukee brew. Another great beer from a great brewery.

jtw (1163) - farmington, Michigan, USA - NOV 9, 2004
super malty aroma, with the ever-so-slight cascadelike tang hidden in there. damn! suprising take on the style. very hoppy for a vienna, but i think i like it. sublime malt backbone with a dry clean finish. awesome balance, hardly cloying despite all the malt. probably the best vienna i’ve had.

BigBen2120 (688) - Derry, New Hampshire, USA - JUN 7, 2008
12oz brown bottle from The Lighthouse in Manchester as part of this brewery’s sampler 8-pack. Pours a dark amber with a good half inch or so of off-white head. Smells bready with a fair bit of caramel. Tastes biscuity with strong caramel and chocolate. Medium in body with moderate carbonation. Actually a pretty tasty beer, and pretty damn drinkable. One of this brewery’s better offerings IMO.

GemalzteGerste (33) - Madison, Wisconsin, USA - JAN 23, 2011
On tap. An excellent lager. Pours a lovely dark copper color with about a finger of foam. Taste is of caramel malts followed by a pleasant hop finish. Definitely one of the better lagers I’ve had.

lagermeister (13) - Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA - APR 1, 2012
On tap. Pours a nice rich creamy head. Coppery color accents the malty aroma. Sweet taste on the first sip, then a rush of hops. Milwaukee’s best Vienna style lager.

boarderx47 (1) - - APR 19, 2012 does not count
This is a great everyday beer for me. It has a Sweeter aftertaste that leaves the palate refreshed and wanting more. More of a summer beer as it is not an IPA or a Stout that I usually drink. Living in Milwaukee it I love drinking local beers and this is one of my instant go to beers.

kevinator (2176) - The Colony, Texas, USA - JUN 15, 2012
This was really pleasing. Lagers in a general sense have lost their appeal for me as of late, so this was a nice surprise. The aroma had a malty spiciness that had me anticipating what was next. Brown cloudy color with a two-finger head of foam. I know Marzens can fall into this category but this beer did not remind me of that. The unique malt flavor almost seemed to have a clove presence. I wish I had bought more of this.

Lemke10 (980) - Waukesha, Wisconsin, USA - JAN 24, 2013
Pours a clear amber color with a decent head that leaves some lacing. Scent is very heavy with malts as to be expected from the label on the bottle reading "All Malt." Has a really good taste to it that is very well mixed. Very malty but also has some nut hints and sweet caramel. Leaves a good after taste. A very tasty and well made Red Lager.

robobeerbelly (78) - Wisconsin, USA - APR 9, 2013
a little bit of a bitter taste at the end but overall an excellent beer. I will definately be getting this again.