overall
RATINGS: 142   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.96/5   EST. CALORIES: 153   ABV: 5.1%
Crisp and refreshing, this classic Bohemian brings noble hops and traditional German maltiness in perfect union before another healthy dose of imported hops tips the scale toward a decidedly hoppy finish.

beerguy717 (20) - , Pennsylvania, USA - DEC 11, 2003
UPDATED: MAY 23, 2004 Have not tried it in bottle, but tap product had a soft malty flavor with nice hoppiness, just the right bite and a hint of spice. A bit light for my personal preference, as I am a big dark beer drinker, but quite good & refreshing nontheless.

machfive55 (358) - Columbia, Pennsylvania, USA - APR 28, 2008
One of my favorite pilsners, I love the hop nose in this beer and I love getting this beer on draught from the brewery. Not sure if its true or not but I heard the brewery stopped bottling this one and it is only offered on tap.

Nate (4279) - Indiana, Pennsylvania, USA - JUN 2, 2002
Hoppy, sweet aroma. Light yellow with small head. Watery with nice carbonation. Crisp, refreshing, hoppy, sweet. A very good pils.

VA Homebrewer (525) - Portsmouth, Virginia, USA - SEP 19, 2005
Golden color with almost no head. Very pronounced herbal, grassy hop aromas are delightful. Just enough malt and body to make it interesting and light enough to be a first-rate thirst quencher. Crisp and dry on the palate, with the hop components clearly dominating, but not overwhelming. A first rate pilsner.

muzzlehatch (4959) - Beloit, Wisconsin, USA - MAY 14, 2004
UPDATED: JUL 16, 2004 April 04: Sample at the brewpub. Clear gold, lasting head, nice lacing. Faint lemony aroma, doesn’t bloom much when warmer. Very smooth, little bite, nice malty backbone but just not enough juice or bitterness; moderately sweet. 4/4/5/3/11=2.7

July 04: either I was high a few months ago, or got a bad sample. The pint I had a week ago was full, juicy, wonderfully fresh and grassy/herbal, with a lovely and perfectly balanced finishing tang...this is one of the best Pils out there when fresh, no question.

aumentm (452) - North Carolina, USA - DEC 30, 2014
Terrific beer. Smooth start with a crisp taste and light finish. Good for a long day of drinking.

freekyp (2257) - Thomasville, North Carolina, USA - MAY 4, 2003
DRAFT--Deep golden color with sharp pine notes in nose. Strong pure white lacing. Bitterness and distinct malt intermingle throughout and hop bitterness takes over completely on finish. Fine pils. CASK CONDITIONED: Apricot notes in nose. Lighter bitterness, no lacing, less carbonation and slightly creamier.

Braudog (6717) - Yorktown, Virginia, USA - JAN 1, 2004
Golden orange with a light malty aroma. It has a grainy malt flavor with a cheesy-bitter finish.

BigSkyman007 (202) - USA - NOV 11, 2003
Beautiful golden color, as is expected with a good pilsener. Very nice hoppiness, something I'm not used to in a pilsener. The best pilsener I've had thus far.

warrior (213) - Mt. Wolf, Pennsylvania, USA - DEC 10, 2003
UPDATED: DEC 31, 2003 Nice golden color, nice hop bitterness and sazz hop flavor with a mild caramel malt balance. A good example of a bohemian style pils. I've had this beer before and I will have it again. I just had this draft last night (12/30)and it was better than the bottle I would rate the draft version a 4.2 or 4.3.