overall
RATINGS: 467   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.35/5   EST. CALORIES: 210   ABV: 7%
This formidable India Pale Ale has a hop aroma that demands attention. The bold, citrus hop flavor is balanced by a dry malt character making this refreshing ale a true classic.

dmcvay420 (1) - Pennsylvania, USA - FEB 28, 2006 does not count
This beer is my favorite IPA. It’s great in the bottle, it’s awesome from the keg, and the cask-conditioned version they do from time to time it superb.

tockeyhockey (2) - USA - MAY 23, 2006 does not count
this is the most unique IPA i’ve ever tasted, bitter, but not over-poweringly so, it has the most beautiful color i have ever seen -- caramel brown with a nice thick head. heavy handed with the alcohol content!

beerguy717 (20) - , Pennsylvania, USA - FEB 18, 2005
I’ve been a hop devil head for some time and can honestly say that Hop Hog has converted me. Great balance, perfect amount of malty spice and off-dry on the front...culminates to a huge hoppy grapfruity finish. After enjoying it recently at a Lancaster restaurant I called the brewery and was told it would me out in bottles by late March...I Can’t Wait!!!

JimNecci (1) - Amissville, Virginia, USA - JUN 21, 2005 does not count
The hops come through wonderfully! Such a nice ’nose’. This beer is quite different from the IPA’s out there/

darsan (15) - South Central, Pennsylvania, USA - DEC 23, 2005
clear amber, nice carbonation. thin bubbly white head. smell is wonderfully hoppy. great taste. one of my favorites. nice balance with great hop finish.

bourne (161) - Suwon, SOUTH KOREA - SEP 7, 2005
a joy to pour. deep amber color with a large bubbled off white head. sweet smell with hints of fruit.very smoot palate with a good deal of hops. lingering aftertaste of hops. great beer to eat strong food with.

thehinge (297) - Nederland, Colorado, USA - NOV 11, 2005
Lots of hops in this brew. The aroma of pine hits you on opening the bottle. I do like the taste a a great deal....I taste some caramel in the front and the hop bite in the finish. Which is what I like about IPA’s. Another beer I’d recommend to hop heads....as have others here.

beerdude (1) - USA - JUN 9, 2005 does not count
Wow! What a great IPA. Nice thick head, big floral aroma, big hop flavor supported by a malty backbone. A well crafted beer with wonderful balance.