overall
RATINGS: 229   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.35/5   SEASONAL: Special   EST. CALORIES: 165   ABV: 5.5%
Hey, what can we say? Dogs do like to sniff down there. A British style ESB with the Laughing Dog twist. It’s clean and smooth, the way an ESB should be. Silver Medal NABA.

Gurthnar (5879) - Bratislava, SLOVAK REPUBLIC - SEP 19, 2014
Bottle. Hazy deep amber colour. Aroma bubblegum, sourish, caramel, fruity. Taste is moderately sour, working with earthy English hops in an interesting way that one can think about. Overall soured, but worth a try.

60minuteman (1719) - West Chester, Pennsylvania, USA - MAY 15, 2014
What a uniquely strange beer. The smell nput me on my ass. It is malt, wheat, grass, star fruit, alcohol and molasses. Taste is even stranger. Strawberries, peaches, grapefruit, yeast, grass. This really a unique brew.

Cousin_Larry (895) - - MAY 9, 2014
This one is well named because it tastes like crotch. Would make a pretty nice sour ale had they added a bit of lemon flavor. As is, it’s kind of like sweat mixed with seltzer.

harrymel (1551) - Spokane, Washington, USA - DEC 24, 2013
Reviewed from notes verbatim on 9/23/10 A: Low head, but persistent bubbles creates a small foam cup. Brilliant clarity. Copper color. S: Sweet, hints of caramel, floral: tulip. Good ESB smell. T: The beer is an ESB for sure and has a sweet tone to it. I really like this ESB. M: Well balanced medium body with moderate carb. D: I really enjoy the sessionability of this beer. Laughing Dog usually spends their time making high intensity beers. This one is subtle and nice. Strong work. Serving type: bottle 03-18-2011

Bamsen78 (5403) - Sønderborg, DENMARK - OCT 8, 2013
bottle. Pours hazy rich amber with small off-white head. Dark, sweet aroma of malt and fruit with a clear alcohol note. Sourish and bitter flavour of hops with a note of yeast and malt. Watery but avceptable, although not well-balanced. Sourish, nearly bitter aftertaste. OK.

mtdewa1 (441) - rome, New York, USA - SEP 3, 2013
Cloudy orange pour, nice head. Aroma is of a german wheat/ hefewiesen beer. Taste is wheat, sugar and clove. Not what I expected for esb however I like it. Very smooth.

mcclainc50 (217) - New York, USA - SEP 3, 2013
Pours an amber color with an off white head that leaves decent lacing. Aromas of honey, wheat, and a little malt. Flavors of malt, wheat and sweet fruit (grapes and apple) a pleasant complex flavor.

BOSSbrewer (2705) - Arkansas, USA - AUG 16, 2013
Nice beer. Had at a beer geeks tasting. Rated this beer using a different program and unfortunately I'm not able to transfer my comments here.

moonbug (68) - Bryan, - JUL 22, 2013
Aroma is sweet licorice and mint with a hint of peppery spice...yeasty too...I'm scared I may smell a bit of dog poop too. Of course I still tasted this stinky amber cloud of a beer despite its confusing olfactory introduction. And...tangy spice with yeast and peppers. A bit of sweetness. Strange. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

BobFrapples (50) - Bryan, Texas, USA - JUL 22, 2013
Smells like the crotch the dog is sniffing on the label. Consistent with the crotch theme, it tastes like nuts. Not a bad beer, but not really my style. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone