overall

RATINGS: 52   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.41/5   ABV: -
Our Sweet Stout is a creamy, full bodied stout with a subtle chocolate and coffee flavors along with a well balanced soft roastiness. The Sweet Stout would compliment a nice hearty dinner or as an end to a quiet evening.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
acertain (249) - Seattle, Washington, USA - FEB 13, 2006
Very black, nice big head. I also got chocolate and coffee, but I didnt get any "pasture." I agree with the flavors Larry picked up: sour coffee, roasty malts, bitterness, not very sweet. I didnt think it was stunning, and I would like it fuller and sweeter; but I thought it was solid.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
5000 (6862) - Hardened Liver, Washington, USA - FEB 5, 2006
Bottle: Nearly pitch black, very little light gets through this one, large sudsy light brown head, spotty lacing. Nose of coffee grounds, dark chocolate, cocoa, and a lot of pasture. Has a feed pellet twang to it. Spritzy sour coffee like start, malts are quite roasty, soft hop bitterness, not terribly sweet. Body and mouthfeel are average. Somewhat of an astringent twang on the finish. Not as rich or chocolatey as other examples, specifically Loast Coast 8 ball. Decent, but needs to be fuller, silkier, and lose the pasture aroma.