overall
RATINGS: 218   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.09/5   EST. CALORIES: 240   ABV: 8%
This American Double India Pale Ale is packed with juicy tropical fruit flavors and bright herbal aroma, thanks to the abundance of US-grown hops.

rudolf (2360) - Buffalo, New York, USA - DEC 12, 2011
Bottle from Ethan, shared with Mike. Hazy gold with a ncie white head. Nose is citra - sweaty lemon, pineapple, some mint. That all continues into the flavor - strange sweaty citrus and a slightly funky bitterness. A bit heavy in terms of mouthfeel. A bit more bitter than I would prefer. Still, a solid beer.

MADhombrewer (18) - Oregon, USA - MAR 8, 2012
Thanks to Hopsbreath Appearance- Hazy sunshine color with a small white head. Smell- Little bit of an ammonia smell. Some pine and little bit of malt. Taste - Pine hop flavor. Some floral, citrus, and ammonia. Mouthfeel- A rare, thin DIPA. That is the way I like them though. Overall- This started out rather well. Piney and a little citrus. After it warmed up a bit, however, it kinda gave off a weird, funky taste. Didn’t really like it after that. Maybe it was just me though.

Koelschtrinker (20782) - Köln (Cologne), GERMANY - APR 18, 2013
Fruchtig hopfiger Antrunk mit geringen Grasnoten. Leicht alkoholisch, grasiger werdend, angenehme Würzigkeit. Spritzig, weiterhin würziger werdend, vollmundig, hell. 12/10/11/11/12/11

auerbrau (3203) - Ithaca, New York, USA - JUL 30, 2013
On tap at The Farmhouse Tap - Burlington, VT. Solid C-hop-like aroma, with good pine and lighter fruity hop notes. Clean, but sweet, too sweet, for me really. I thought the malt structure was a little heavy and made the overall palate sheen a bit thickly. The hop flavors were nice, but not as intense as some contemporary examples of the style. Decent, but not exceptional.

koleminer20 (3798) - Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA - OCT 27, 2016
From notes. Enjoyed at Corbet’s house during a tasting on October 24. 22 oz bottle. The pour is a lighter coppery gold color with a thicker white head that slowly recedes. The aroma is tropical fruits, a little piney bitterness, and a strong biscuit malt. This isn’t my jam. There is a dank citrus here, but the maltiness of this isn’t for me. The flavor is a little better. The malt fades a touch, and the citrus really comes through. I like that much of it. The tropical fruits are present, and there is a pretty good bitterness on the back end that seems like it could be associated to the malts. The mouth feel is a little thick and heavy with a softer carbonation and a lingeringly sweet malty candy on the finish. Not my jam.

48FanInCali (851) - California, USA - JUN 12, 2011
22oz bomber. Fairly light pale ale pour. Typical fruity nose but a very unpleasent body order type scent dominates. Taste was fruity and quite good. I just can’t get past the nose.

bigda83 (854) - Jamestown, New York, USA - APR 22, 2016
Bottle. One of the biggest letdown beers I’ve ever had. Over-hyped and not nearly worth what I had to give up to acquire this in a trade. Pours gold/orange, mostly clear, small sudsy white head. Aroma was decent and hoppy, slight pine and citrus notes. Flavor was a mess. Tasted like rotting vegetables, butter, and really earthy. I asked my friend what he tasted and he replied with one word "anger". I got a good laugh there. Medium body, sticky texture, bubbly carbonation, really bitter finish. This was my number one want beer and I’ve been trying to track it down for quite some time. I finally do and it’s not even close to good. Either that, or I hyped it up too much or got a bad and skunked bottle. Neither of us got any tropical fruit or citrus in the flavor at all.

wisdomsolo (466) - St Petersburg, Florida, USA - FEB 9, 2014
I’ve had Pliny and Heady in the recent past and this one is not even in the same class as those. Big hop aroma. Too dry of a finish and harsh on the tongue.

fluffy (2472) - St Petersburg, Florida, USA - FEB 9, 2014
a pretty well rounded IPA, not too heavy on the hops or anything else. very nice.