overall
RATINGS: 307   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.34/5   SEASONAL: Winter   IBU: 22   EST. CALORIES: 135   ABV: 4.5%
Jefferson Stout, Lazy Magnolia’s original Sweet Potato Cream Stout, is Lazy Magnolia’s version of the ideal Southern-Style Stout. Jefferson Stout is brewed with sweet potatoes and lactose (milk sugar). The sweet potatoes provide the background to an impressive taste with added notes of roasted chocolate, coffee and caramel flavors.

chefgordy (1) - Hattiesburg, Mississippi, USA - APR 21, 2006 does not count
Nice rich roasted flavor with creamy inish to the palate. Rice chocolate dark color a nutty aroma and a medium betterness to the taste

mmurray (3) - Bay Saint Louis, Mississippi, USA - JUN 25, 2006 does not count
Rich, full flavored with a slight bitterness. Great Sweet Potato finish. Not as thick as my favorite stout, Guinness but a nice niche with the sweet potatoes... My favorite way to drink it? Here in hancock County we make a drink called Prailines ’n Cream. It’s Southern Pecan and Jefferson Stout in a Black and Tan Fashion... Great with the combination of sweet potatoes and pecans... both flavors are truely southern...

mtrain237 (12) - Florida, USA - MAR 29, 2009
Another great selection by this brewery. No heavy flavor or taste. This beer is full of nice subtleties. The sweet potato is a great addition. I recommend this to anyone likes a great stout or someone who isnt too sure about dark heavy beers. This one is easy drinking and lighter than most stouts.

tio (7) - Vicksburg, Mississippi, USA - MAY 29, 2011 does not count
The sweet potatoes is not very pronounced, but it is one of the best sweet stouts I’ve had. Has all the roasted flavors I like in a beer.

MorganBaughman (149) - Long Beach, Mississippi, USA - JUL 15, 2012
This has got to be my favorite dark beer. I love the idea of having sweet potatoes as an ingredient. When we tried the unfiltered version of this beer, we found it had layers of flavor and surprisingly finished with a Thin Mint taste! Rob, unfortunately, is not a fan of dark beers, and he said the filtered version "tastes like a cigarette" to him. Every time someone pours him a bit of Jefferson Stout, he pours it into my glass when no one is looking, which is fine by me. :o)

Cletus (6368) - Connecticut, USA - MAR 20, 2011
Pours dark brown with a nice, light brown head. Smells of roasted malt, some molasses, spicy. Tastes roasty and chocolatey with a nice, full bodied finish.