overall
RATINGS: 804   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.19/5   IBU: 16   EST. CALORIES: 135   ABV: 4.5%
Southern Pecan Nut Brown Ale is the first beer in the world, to our knowledge, made with whole roasted pecans. The pecans are used just like grain and provide a nutty characteristic and a delightful depth to the flavor profile. This beer is very lightly hopped to allow the malty, caramel, and nutty flavors shine through. The color is dark mahogany. Southern Pecan won a Bronze Medal in the 2006 World Beer Cup in the Specialty Beer category.

mmurray (3) - Bay Saint Louis, Mississippi, USA - JUN 25, 2006 does not count
The original Pecan Nut Brown Ale. The conventional wisdom is that nuts and beer don’t mix. Maybe it’s something about the water here, and maybe it’s just the smooth toasted flavors in Southern Mississippi pecans, but our pecans help make what we consider to be one of the best beers we have ever tasted. We consider pecans to be a perfect addition to this nut brown ale. Smooth and mild with a malty sweetness accentuated by a rich finish. A finely balanced ale destined to become a southern classic

jodyperkins (78) - Mississippi, USA - JUL 27, 2006
UPDATED: DEC 30, 2006 Lazy Magnolia Southern Pecan is available in party-pigs (2.25 gallon self-pressurized mini-kegs) and 1/2 gallon bottles (called growlers). It’s currently only available in MS but hopefully they’ll expand soon. It is an amber beer with a creamy head (if you pour it slowly). It has a slighly nutty taste and is excellent with seafood or steak.

tio (7) - Vicksburg, Mississippi, USA - JUL 24, 2007 does not count
UPDATED: FEB 8, 2008 Love this stuff. Only bad thing about this beer is my wife is now drinking it, so there’s less for me. Not it’s in bottles. Only problem is, it’s hard to find because everyone is buying it.

industryman (1) - - APR 18, 2014 does not count
The best Pecan Ale you can buy! I’ve been in the beer industry for 10 years and they really have a great thing in kiln, ms

treyhaislip (4) - Lawrenceville, Georgia, USA - MAY 6, 2016 does not count
My new favorite ale! Sweet and nutty flavoring that is extremely smooth. Nice dark color with an overall pleasing experience.

carbear (2) - University, Mississippi, USA - NOV 8, 2006 does not count
I never liked dark beers but I tried the Southern Pecan just to prove my friend that I don’t like dark beers. I fell in love with it after the first sip and I haven’t found a beer that I love as much since then. I am going to miss this beer when I leave Oxford and Mississippi!

bigpete67 (2) - - DEC 2, 2011 does not count
One of my favorites...gentle going down, yet strong taste/aroma that a brown ale should have. Goes nicely with appetizers and socialization hour with friends. You have to try this beer!!!

JB82185 (1) - Martinez, Georgia, USA - JUN 21, 2007 does not count
This is one of my favorite beers. It has an excellent flavor and is not harsh at all. I recommend it to people who want to start trying darker beers.

TheDutchman (19) - Louisiana, USA - OCT 27, 2009
Poured from a bottle it has a nice pecan malt aroma. Clear reddish amber color with decent head. Tastes of pecans and brown sugar. Very smooth no bitterness. I really enjoyed this.

jezmez68 (404) - Chesterton, Indiana, USA - DEC 7, 2009
Saw this in a gas station close to Bay St. Louis, just off I-10 and thought it might be good. Had a draft pour a few days later in Pensacola at Hopjack’s. I am NOT a fan of brown ales, but I’ll be damned if this isn’t amazing. I want to know how they got all that roast pecan into the aroma. Nice, sweetish, and carmelly with a slight pecan aftertaste. Leaves a nice film on the roof of your mouth. Very nice. I’d love to try other beers by this brewery.