overall
Brewed by Le Trou du Diable
Style: Weizen Bock
Shawinigan, Canada

RATINGS: 198   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.66/5   EST. CALORIES: 195   ABV: 6.5%
La Shawinigan Handshake est une bière voilée à la couleur pêche, qui exhale des parfums de brioche, de banane et de sapinage propre à sa levure allemande et au houblon Chinook qui la composent. D’une effervescence explosive, sa bouche rappelle d’abord la banane, puis présente une finale sèche et sapinée. Translation: Shawinigan Handshake is a peach colored beer, full of cinnamon bun, banana and spruce aromas that come from the chinook hops and german yeast used for it’s making. A highly carbonated palate presents banana flavors at first, followed by a dry resinous finish.

Jucko (19) - - JUL 28, 2014
This is the best beer I know of, so I have to give it perfect marks. Pours a cloudy orange. Citrusy aroma. Perfect small fizz bubble mouthfeel. Crisp. Citrus and vanilla. I honestly don't know why I buy other beers when I drink this.

stytheduke (33) - Quebec, CANADA - JAN 14, 2014
ADORÉE!!!!!!!&# :D Bananes à souhait!

roucol (25) - Québec, Quebec, CANADA - SEP 8, 2013
une bière orangé voilée avec un beau collet de broue. Au nez, vous constaterez une bière forte avec plusieurs saveurs qui vous surprendront par un assemblage parfait. La finale est douce et agreable ne bouche. Une excellente bière que je qualifierais de valeur sure.

jbrewsbeer (17) - Guelph, ON, Ontario, CANADA - AUG 3, 2013
I love this beer. Banana, clove and pine in the nose. Decent lacing, but minimal head. I won't tell you the colour as I am enjoying this beer in a dimly lit spot. The bottle is from the LCBO, mine poured fairly clear but it has been undisturbed in my fridge for about a week, and it was a careful pour. A fantastic dry finish and the hops throughout the flavour are perfect for those who enjoy a mouthful of freshness. I'd stock up on this if the hop presence weren't so important. A great summer beer that is drinking well now!

presario (4916) - Stampede City, Alberta, CANADA - DEC 22, 2013
Bottle, many bottles. My assumption was that this would be a generic beer capitalizing on the label and name. WRONG. A great beer. Cloudy amber. Thick head and lace. Nice spicy aroma. Big hops and a big yeast profile that rolls over and over again down the length of the tongue. Goes from possibly weird, somewhat intriguing to addictive.

adamnowek (2819) - Brussels, BELGIUM - NOV 19, 2014
Great label: mine differs from the photograph here but it has Chrétien choking Don Cherry. This beer is really unique. Very cloudy and honey golden in appearance. A great mixture of spice, citrus, and vanilla. An incredible beer.

gallan1 (9) - - JUL 8, 2016 does not count
Cloudy pale fluffy head. Smell cloves citrus peel. Light bitterness spice throughout good carbonation.

Canmoore (483) - Ottawa, Ontario, CANADA - JUL 20, 2013
Pours a hazy straw colour with a thick pillowy white head, aroma is complex with notes of banana, spices, and some citrus. The tasting notes are complex as well, with notes of banana, citrus, coriander, and a spicy/hoppy finish. This is an amazing beer, and I really enjoyed it! I will have to pick up a few more!

fredster31 (44) - Quebec, CANADA - OCT 20, 2013
bière orangée voilée,arôme d’agrumes et d’épice.En bouche,goûte l’épinette et un côté un peu épicé.

CapFlu (5128) - Victoria, British Columbia, CANADA - DEC 4, 2013
My favorite bottle graphic. Pours a huge frothy white head and cloudy orange body. Nose of bubblegum and yeasty, some Irish malt may be lurking. Great carbonation and malt, spice and yeastiness. Dare I say this is Orval-like? I really dig this.