overall
Brewed by InBev Belgium
Style: Belgian Ale
Leuven, Belgium

RATINGS: 3190   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.37/5   EST. CALORIES: 198   ABV: 6.6%
Keg and bottle: Filtered.
Uses Vieux Temps yeast.
"Leffe Blond is a pale abbey beer, with a full, sunny, golden colour. It has a smooth and full bodied taste and a rich creamy head. Like all the Leffe beers, it is a ’connoisseur’ beer that is easy to drink."

mrant (330) - New York, USA - DEC 18, 2007
Smells very yeasty with a strong spice aroma, cant quite place it. Pours a clear golden color with a luxurious white head with nice lacing. Taste is very robust and dark. Light caramel-like taste with a slight bitterness. Very nice.

Maria (10211) - Thisted, DENMARK - DEC 16, 2007
It was one of the first Belgian beers, probably the first I tasted when I began drinking and rating beer. I hated it, just like I hated all other Belgian beers.... At my 1 year anniversary I had to try it again, and it was much better, even if it isn’t among the really nice blonds IMO. Light amber, nice head and a discrete, slightly perfumed aroma with notes of yeast. The flavour is sweet with notes of coriander, malt and fruit and a rather distinct note of citrus, and towards the finish it becomes a little bit dominating.

tizzomes (8) - brookhaven, Pennsylvania, USA - DEC 14, 2007 does not count
I like this beer taste is very smooth pours with a head you want to dive your big nose into!Very popular in my town.

bitbucket (2165) - Kirkland, Washington, USA - DEC 14, 2007
Bottle. Pours slightly hazy gold with a lacy white head. Aroma of spice, floral hops, caramel, fruit, nuts. Light body and active carbonation.The first thing to show up in the taste is that floral hop note. Then the sweet caramel-nutty notes show up. Dry spicy finish with a bit of grass.

rayOfBeer (674) - El Cerrito, California, USA - DEC 13, 2007
I’ve had it before and I’ll have it again. I love this beer. Aroma reminds me slightly of wet cedar wood with hints of rising yeast and caramel. The beer pours a dark golden hue with a creamy white head, but hard to produce from the bottle. I had to rattle the bottle on the last fifth and then pour. The toasted bread and slightly sweat caramel flavors match up perfectly with the aroma. There is a slight warming on the tongue and throat with an acidic bite, pleasant not over-powering. The smooth taste hides the listed 6.6 abv well. Overall, Leffe is one of my favorite beers. It has a wheat beer quality that I love and is a good starter beer to setting the palate for drinking other Belgian beers.

Slayer85 (1051) - Firenze, ITALY - DEC 13, 2007
Bottled. A clear golden/orange beer with a small and disappearing white head. Quite light fruity aroma, with some spiciness and a light hop presence. The flavour is fruity and spicy with some yeast and a decent hoppiness in the finish. Medium body, lively carbonation, light alcohol presence, light to medium bitterness in the aftertaste. Perhaps too grainy, but amore than decent industrial Belgian beer.

Bartzilla (623) - La Mesa, California, USA - DEC 13, 2007
Draft at various locales in Belgium, bottles here in San Diego. On draft, most notably the train station in Brussels and Cafe Rio in Herentals. Another one of those Belgian go-to ales. Easy drinking, tasty, no overly sweet and very quenching. Costs much more here than it did there! Good beer.

dyetube (1378) - Hurst, Texas, USA - DEC 12, 2007
This beer pours a golden yellow with a medium tan head leaving a little lacing down the sides. Aroma is Malt, Belgian yeast and bananas. The flavors emulate this and it has a lively not too strong effervescence. This is a pretty reasonable beer and very easy to drink, but is not that complex. I liked it though! Cheers

thegreenrooster (4518) - St.louis, Missouri, USA - DEC 11, 2007
Pour is a bright golden with a fluffy white head. Aroma is deffinatly Belgian yeast and some cloves. Flavor is some banana and yeast with a bit of citrus fruit. Nothing mind blowing going on here but it is still decent. Could be a good session when looking for a Belgian style without the big alcohol punch.

weaselkenievil (1609) - Cheshire, ENGLAND - DEC 11, 2007
One of the founding beers of my continuing education. And now I know a little more, I don’t drink Leffe anymore. Except when I’m in Weatherspoons and they’ve got nothing else decent on. Not a great beer but the best you can get in about 90% of the pubs I go in so it’s often my saviour from a night of piss.