overall
Brewed by InBev Belgium
Style: Belgian Ale
Leuven, Belgium

RATINGS: 3329   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.37/5   EST. CALORIES: 198   ABV: 6.6%
Keg and bottle: Filtered.
Uses Vieux Temps yeast.
"Leffe Blond is a pale abbey beer, with a full, sunny, golden colour. It has a smooth and full bodied taste and a rich creamy head. Like all the Leffe beers, it is a ’connoisseur’ beer that is easy to drink."

berkshirejohn (6497) - Bracknell, Berkshire, ENGLAND - SEP 29, 2006
Bottle: bready aroma; golden colour with rapidly fading white head, lightly carbonation;well balanced sweet and bitter taste, which prickles in the mouth. Pleasantly bitter aftertaste.

mjg74 (3106) - La Mesa, California, USA - SEP 28, 2006
Bottle, Liquid Solutions. Pours a nice solid golden color. Strong yeast aroma with a hint of spice and grain. Some strong banana notes as well. Smooth slightly sweet flavor of yeast and grain. Slightyl fruity. Bitter finish. Maybe even a hint of alcohol.

hepburn82 (143) - SCOTLAND - SEP 27, 2006
UPDATED: NOV 14, 2006 Bottled. Pours somewhere between gold and copper with minimal head. Big cream and banana nose (milkshake!!). Flavour is tree fruit (predominantly pear) and more NaNa. Finish is a tad disappointing with less depth and longevity for a beer of such initial complexity. Very sweet but nice bitterness to compensate. I love strong ales and banana tasting wheats so it ticks the boxes for me.........

Grovlam (4244) - Copenhagen, DENMARK - SEP 27, 2006
One of the first beers that open my eyes to what great beer could tast like. Smooth, nice and very drinkable, with a light color and tast. A slight bit of spice and a ending smooth bitternis but not overdoing it.

BeerBiker (1415) - Odense, DENMARK - SEP 22, 2006
On tap in Århus. Once one of my favorites, but now I even won’t buy it on discount. Metallic flavor, but good notes of christmastime also. Aroma a little bit hoppy.

DruncanVeasey (8226) - NUNEATON, Warwickshire, ENGLAND - SEP 21, 2006
UPDATED: OCT 11, 2006 Banana and mysterious spice in the nose (clove?). For me, one of the beers that started all this off, and one of the reasons I’ll never have to drink Budweiser or Carling again. So I can’t be too critical. But somehow I’m not loving it like I did. Yes, lots of fruity yeast, banana and a mellow, Hefeweizen-like wheatiness. But also some offputting cardboard and alcohol notes I’ve never noticed before. Maybe it’s just a bad bottle. And maybe once you’ve tasted Corsendonk, Orval and Westmalle, there’s no going back to buying this by the crate-load.

maltdog (626) - New Mexico, USA - SEP 19, 2006
Bottle, served in a Leffe chalice. Clear, saturated brassy gold. Small soapsud head fades quickly, but leaves excellent lacing. Rich, sweet fruity bouquet: honey, banana, mango, lavender. Flavors of honey and herbs, earth, vanilla, and a moderately sharp charcoal bitterness. Clipped metallic finish. Palate is fleeting sugary-syrupy, then airy with fluffy carbonation. Faint banana and mint aftertaste.

pubbe (493) - Højbjerg, DENMARK - SEP 18, 2006
Bottle. Golden amber with white mostly lasting head. Aromas offers a yeasty sweetness and a distinct note of hay/flowers. The sweetness is a little over the top in the flavor, but is somewhat balanced by the slightly hoppy and creamy finish that lasts for about a minute.

skoisirius (1909) - Earth, Washington, USA - SEP 17, 2006
UPDATED: SEP 18, 2006 On tap at Barca in Seattle (while I’ve had it in the bottle as well) into a Trappist Leffe glass. Pours a lovely golden yellow color with a nicely retentive white head. Has a very Belgiany sweet yeast aroma intertwined with bananas and a bit of spice thrown in the mix. The flavor is also very sweet in the Belgiany department with hints of banana, pineapple, sweet malt, a touch of spice, and sugar. The nose and the flavor of the Leffe Blond are essentially the same. While not being the overall best or most complex Belgian brew ever, this is a very dependable and tasty brew that I enjoy drinking from time to time (or if it’s the only thing good on tap somewhere!)

reakt (950) - Greater London, ENGLAND - SEP 16, 2006
UPDATED: SEP 2, 2007 Bottle/draught from everywhere. I’ve reached the point where I’ll rate the beers I’ve had a thousand times. But I have to say, it’s still a hassle. Forgive the short rate, but what can I say that no one else has said? Clear golden in colour with fluffy white head and huge carbon bubbles clinging for dear life to the sides of the glass. Yeasty aroma. Quite dull in taste, not the most complex beer. Yeasty with hints of vanilla and a muted spiciness. I respect this dear brew so little, I refuse to drink it unless it is an absolute emergency. Still better than most.