overall
RATINGS: 271   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.28/5   EST. CALORIES: 354   ABV: 11.8%
Asylum is in the style of a Belgian Tripel. It has a beautiful golden color. Its relatively light body is deceiving for a beer of its character. It has a sweet and spicy, complex fruity aroma and flavor derived from our distinct Belgian yeast strain. Asylum finishes with a subtle, warming character to help you relax on any night. Asylum is an exceptionally smooth Belgian-style brew. Drinking great beer brings the world together. “Vrede op aarde” (Peace on earth).

truth (2) - La Mirada, California, USA - JUN 30, 2016 does not count
I see complaints about this beer. I don’t know. I really like it. It’s easy drinking. I’ve had every type of belgian style tripel around, my favs are the Trappistes Rochefort 6,8 and 10. The problem is those are overly expensive for 11.2 ounce beers. Hell, those beers (like the 10) are around 7$ a bottle. This one is 6.50$ usd in my area (southern california) and it’s really enjoyable. People say the alcohol is present, I don’t really sense that. What I get is a smooth drinking beer that gets nice as it warms up a bit. It’s got a tad of sweetness, but it’s not overwhelming. It’s got some tiny smoke to it, maybe some currant and vanilla and I don’t know. It’s just damn good. Not sure what people complain about.

AskForJenny (1086) - Ontario, New York, USA - APR 30, 2016
This is a great copy of a Belgian. It’s close, but it’s no cigar. Yeasty nose - check. Golden color - check. Lace - negative. Breast palate - check. Layers in the taste - negative.

Jabah (509) - Winter Park, Florida, USA - APR 25, 2016
Decent representation of the style, though not quite the flavor and feel of a true Belgian. Pours a semi-clear light orange appearance. Complex flavor of sweet fruits, light malts and grain, and yeast. Need to sip this as the alcohol bite isn’t hidden that well (hard to do at 11.8%). Ok to try, but there are better tripels out there.

mikske79 (1727) - Puerto Plata, DOMINICAN REPUBLIC - APR 24, 2016
De kleur is mooi donkerblond. Weinig schuim als je uitschenkt. Een lekker volle geur. De smaak is goes, maar ik zou toch maar de "Belgian style tripel ale" met een korrel zout nemen.

tdtm82 (1701) - Essex, ENGLAND - APR 5, 2016
Bottle, SX Bottle Share, Chelmsford, Ale House, 5/3/2016 Please drink some more Westmalle trippel before you attempt to fully understand the style. It’s well made but it’s more barely wine than tirpel. Easy-drinking for the abv. Clove and coriander. Just research the style more please!

BREWMUSKCLES (2731) - New Jersey, USA - MAR 5, 2016
a simply marvelous Tripel. beautiful morphing taste that includes perfume of melon and is flowery without being a pain in the ass. complex body it is slick ,juicy sweet with honey and finishes refreshing and dry. what else does one want?! nice aroma of fresh wheat and hardly any hint of alcohol in the flavor. the spice is there but fits in and doesn’t dominate. I could go on about this one. I will not tell where I got it.

IslandHaole (1294) - Misawa, JAPAN - FEB 12, 2016
Happy Darwin Day! A beautiful, slightly hazy, orange colored beer with no head, just a bit of a beige ring around the edge of the glass. Bubblegum scent as typical of Belgians, mild pine. Sweet with loads of malt, lightly flavored of tropical fruit & breakfast cereal. Nice feel, slick, coats the mouth, alcohol warms on the way down. Easy drinking for nearly 12% ABV.

jehoesefat (366) - Poway, California, USA - FEB 6, 2016
Fruity toffee aroma. Pours clear orange without much of a head. Good Belgian flavors, long fruity finish.

tysongillmore (362) - Tucson, Arizona, USA - NOV 21, 2015
I didn't take any extra notes when I tried this beer for the first time but I'm gonna try it again and update my comments. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

rejtable (2819) - Ontario, CANADA - OCT 10, 2015
Pours clear orange limited head no lacing. Nose is sweet and grassy. Flavours of candy, dough, some syrup. Taste light bitter light/med sweet. Medium sticky body lively carbonation and a big alcohol burn to the finish.