overall
RATINGS: 271   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.28/5   EST. CALORIES: 354   ABV: 11.8%
Asylum is in the style of a Belgian Tripel. It has a beautiful golden color. Its relatively light body is deceiving for a beer of its character. It has a sweet and spicy, complex fruity aroma and flavor derived from our distinct Belgian yeast strain. Asylum finishes with a subtle, warming character to help you relax on any night. Asylum is an exceptionally smooth Belgian-style brew. Drinking great beer brings the world together. “Vrede op aarde” (Peace on earth).

CaskSensei74 (1) - long beach, California, USA - MAY 29, 2017 does not count
You made a Bold One, Super great on the pallet.,and Ive been waiting a long time for someone to do it.

dwyerpg (6378) - Las Vegas, Nevada, USA - OCT 28, 2011
A light spicy aroma with lots of zest and some orange. Really smells good. First sip I found to be excellent. Didn’t seem like it was all that strong (til the morning) and found quite drinkable. Would definitely have again.

BREWMUSKCLES (2731) - New Jersey, USA - MAR 5, 2016
a simply marvelous Tripel. beautiful morphing taste that includes perfume of melon and is flowery without being a pain in the ass. complex body it is slick ,juicy sweet with honey and finishes refreshing and dry. what else does one want?! nice aroma of fresh wheat and hardly any hint of alcohol in the flavor. the spice is there but fits in and doesn’t dominate. I could go on about this one. I will not tell where I got it.

mensch (289) - Loveland, Colorado, USA - DEC 13, 2010
Look, if you people don’t like strong beers, then don’t drink this. If a double dubble is a quadruple, then this is the world’s first sextuple - a double triple. This beer is incredibly smooth and well integrated for its size. Lemon and yeast on the nose, huge apricots, honey and a hint of belgian funkiness pulling up the rear. At a good price, too. Nice silk-screened label.

krumbum (1109) - truckee, California, USA - JUN 17, 2013
Clear caramel color. Sweet yeasty aroma. Starts off sweet and yeasty but mellows during the sip into nice and smooth. Rinses away silky leaving the palate enticed and stimulated.

twistedviews (75) - California, USA - JUN 26, 2009
great sweet taste in a 22 oz. bottle... the 11% volume gets the job done pretty fucking quick!

truth (2) - La Mirada, California, USA - JUN 30, 2016 does not count
I see complaints about this beer. I don’t know. I really like it. It’s easy drinking. I’ve had every type of belgian style tripel around, my favs are the Trappistes Rochefort 6,8 and 10. The problem is those are overly expensive for 11.2 ounce beers. Hell, those beers (like the 10) are around 7$ a bottle. This one is 6.50$ usd in my area (southern california) and it’s really enjoyable. People say the alcohol is present, I don’t really sense that. What I get is a smooth drinking beer that gets nice as it warms up a bit. It’s got a tad of sweetness, but it’s not overwhelming. It’s got some tiny smoke to it, maybe some currant and vanilla and I don’t know. It’s just damn good. Not sure what people complain about.

bigabe (194) - California, USA - JAN 30, 2011
UPDATED: DEC 1, 2011 I love this beer. I don’t think of it as a trippel though. It’s so unique, I cannot really classify it. It has flavors of late harvest white wines - incredibly ripe, juicy flavors. Then there is a caramel, brown sugar and even maple like creamy sweetness underneath it all. Absolutely no bitterness whatsoever. It coats your mouth and throat with these flavors and warms. I really, really think this is a wonderful beer. Very underrated. Maybe because it claims to be a Trippel and it’s really just Asylum.

grunx (367) - - JAN 3, 2012
Una triple bona i contundent. Potser es nota un punt alcohòlic. Però a mi m’encanta. Molt bona compra.