overall
RATINGS: 2859   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.64/5   IBU: 25   EST. CALORIES: 180   ABV: 6%
This English style of beer, also known as Sweet Stout or Cream Stout, first appeared in London in the late 1800’s. The early brewers touted the health benefits of the milk sugar in this beer which today relates mainly to the increased amount of calories(no real health benefits…sorry). The milk sugar adds a well rounded sweetness to this dark beer and makes it an outstanding, year ‘round stout.

mistersinalin (381) - St. Paul, Minnesota, USA - APR 16, 2008
Not as sweet as advertised. I’ve had this in the bottle and on tap. Both were great and I’ll look for this one again.

Cybercat (5747) - Georgia, USA - APR 14, 2008
Aroma is strong and smoky with hints of fine coffee. It pours a dark, almost opaque, chocolate brown, not quite as dark as most stouts I have tried; head is very thick, tan, fine-bubbled and persistent. Flavor is rich, with an overtone of unsweetened chocolate and strong smoky and coffee hints. It goes down smoothly and leaves an aftertaste like burnt coffee mixed with bitter chocolate.

KM (416) - Tromsø, NORWAY - APR 14, 2008
Bottle. Dark dark brown, almost black body. Pale brown head. Sweet aroma of chocolate and roasted malt. Flavour of chocolate and some coffee. Some malt too, medium sweet. A tad watery between the sips. (Ånn, 19.03.08)

checkmatei1 (765) - Willow Grove, Pennsylvania, USA - APR 14, 2008
Bottle: Poured a deep dark brown with a small amount of head. The flavor was roasted coffee, caramel, and chocolate. A little more like a burnt coffee. Overall, a decent beer, a little too over roasted for my liking.

Zinister (1423) - Houston, Texas, USA - APR 13, 2008
Dark brown pour with small creamy head. Sweet, milk chocolate nose mixed with deep roasty malts. Flavor is much the same, but with coffee and creamy milk notes mixed in. Much better than I anticipated...will certainly buy next fall or winter.

Papsoe (25063) - Frederiksberg, DENMARK - APR 12, 2008
(Bottle 35,5 cl) Pours a clear, reddish brown with a creamy, off-white head. Lightly sweetish aroma of chocolate and hard roasted malts. Medium body, lightly sweet roasted malt and also both chocolate and coffee notes. The finish is short and dry. Quite pleasant. 250308

poonpillager (11) - tampa, Florida, USA - APR 9, 2008
Pours a nice dark brown color. Chocolate and mild roastiness in the aroma. Flavour is very nice with strong notes of milk chocolate and some roasty, coffee and sugary milk notes. smooth oh palate. Dry and sweet finish. I can definitely pillage this beer.

Brewbie (479) - New York, USA - APR 7, 2008
12oz bottle. first milk stout. dark ruby pour, nice tan head. heavy bittersweet chocolate aroma. mmm, sweet but not overly, smooth with a little bite in the finish. very creamy

drfabulous (7818) - Lexington, Kentucky, USA - APR 7, 2008
I’m stuffed. I just made a pizza, ate most of it (my wife ate two pieces), and now I’m sitting on the couch, grabbing my belly, and going: OOOOOOOOOH. I’m full. So I open the Left Hand I bought today. A couple six packs in the back of the grocery. The first shipment in this city and it’s not even on the shelves. It has the milk stout taste that Duck Rabbit has, only not as pronounced. Little bits of sweetness mixed in with the stout. Nice. It can make it through this belly...it can...

Prostman (1077) - Pennsylvania, USA - APR 7, 2008
This was a really good stout. Very thick in body and one I would definitely recommend.