RATINGS: 427   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.04/5   SEASONAL: Winter   EST. CALORIES: 174   ABV: 5.8%
Leinenkugel’s is pleased to bring back Leinenkugel’s Big Butt Doppelbock into its limited-release portfolio. The name "Big Butt" comes from the image of two goats butting heads that you see on the label. Bock means billy goat in German and Leinenkugel’s Big Butt Doppelbock’s name and label pokes fun at the goat’s springtime mating ritual. The result is a malty, rich, full-bodied bock beer brewed with two-and six-row pale and specialty malts and two specialty hops. Like all Leinie’s beers, Big Butt Doppelbock is handcrafted one batch at a time in our historic Chippewa Falls brewery.

dragonlocks (15) - Kailua, Hawaii, USA - MAR 10, 2005
Goes down smooth, Sweet Chocolate / Carmel taste, Rich brown body with an amber colored head. No aftertaste which is kind of disappointing though, this is one of those beers you wish would linger. Overall one of my favorites. My only complaint is I can’t find it outside of the flatlands.

labattblueleaf (225) - Grand Rapids, Michigan, USA - JUN 20, 2002
Awesome! No one tried to be too cute or clever with this. It's just a beer, with a fantastic flavor. I had it with a Tombstone pizza and was thoroughly impressed. Nothing about it really stands out except for my desire to drink it again.

jew02 (16) - Peoria, Illinois, USA - MAY 3, 2004
The Midwest’s Guinness. It has a very similar style to Leinies Creamy Dark too. Both beers are excellent ’cheap’ Guinnesses

missouribill (12) - , Missouri, USA - JUN 9, 2008
could be one of the greats, but i cant put my finger on what its missing. definitely not a doppelbock.

Cfyre (2) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - OCT 25, 2004 does not count
Having sampled many microbrews from the pacific northwest, I needed a good brew that i could find locally. I was suprised by this gem. Very tasty. If you like a good bock, then you need to pick up this seasonal (curses) brew.