RATINGS: 299   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.57/5   SEASONAL: Summer   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
In 1906, the Kolsch-style beer originated from the Cologne region of Germany as a crisp and light beer to combat the summer heat. Leinenkugel’s® Canoe Paddler™ is our take on the Kolsch-style beer that we tweaked with a touch of rye. Our spring and summer seasonal has subtle malt flavors, a clean finish and adventurous quality.

ExpendableHero (924) - Florida, USA - MAR 21, 2014
Clear golden beer with a thin, white head. Faint aromas of grass and skunk funk. Tastes of some wheat, weak malted barley, dry rye, and dirty water. Bittersweet, crisp finish. Refreshing and in-offensive. A decent beer for a hot day.

solidfunk (8964) - Washington D.C., Washington DC, USA - MAR 21, 2014
Really not much of a Kolsch, let alone a beer. Not sure if the rye is supposed to add something constructive here. Pours blonde, some crisp lager-like barley. Not much else. Bottle for free at work so can’t really complain - I got what I paid for.

ross (2146) - weddington, North Carolina, USA - MAR 18, 2014
Bottle.straw yellow, white head. Smell of corn and some hops. Taste is so so. Not great. Friend doesn’t drink heavy beers, so i got this for him. He liked it, so that counts.

OD40oz (774) - Box Elder, South Dakota, USA - MAR 18, 2014
Good old Leinies. They know how to put out a good brew. I really liked this stuff. Clean, crisp taste. Would hit the spot on a hot summer day.

boxofrane (2553) - Spring City, Pennsylvania, USA - MAR 15, 2014
Bottle. The aroma has a lager note, slight spice of wood. The taste is semi sweet. Decent palate

vomit (260) - Michigan, USA - MAR 11, 2014
I have paddled a canoe before, and, indeed, I have drank Leinenkugel’s beer. But, never had I partook of a "Canoe Paddler" beer, prior to last night. Did it taste like a canoe paddle? I dunno. Never tasted one before. With that said, I can assure you that "I am not a crook!" While the overall experience was more satisfying than having your testes set on fire, I cannot endorse this brew like I could PBR or Schlitz. Screw this shit. Grab a Blatz, and paddle away from reality as fast as you can brother.

BrewBoxer (2636) - New York, New York, USA - MAR 8, 2014
Bottle. Pours a clear light tan color with a head that fades..fizzy looking and crisp drinking with a easy sessionable taste. This is an easy drinking beer for a warm day hanging outside

weihenweizen (3831) - Charleston Area, West Virginia, USA - MAR 1, 2014
Refrigerated 12 oz. brown bottle poured into a glass. Pours clear golden with small white head. Aroma is floral malt, light body, low carbonation, and some small bubble lacing. Taste is simple pilsner malt.

yarry (528) - Waterdown, Ontario, CANADA - FEB 25, 2014
From a sampler on a business trip to Toledo, 2/25/2014, 12 oz bottle Nice golden pour with an ok white head. Aromas of malty sweetness, with a bit of hop offset. Taste is fairly generic, malt and hop balanced but nothing special. Mediocre palate. Another "meh" beer from these guys.

drjay44 (3713) - Salida, Colorado, USA - FEB 23, 2014
12 oz. bottle. Pours a medium, we’ll retained whit head over a clear, gold (SRM 5) body....nose is light cereal, hints of pear, apple fruits, minimal hop spice, light rye......taste starts with hints of pear, apple type sweetness, hints of rye, ending with a mild bitter finish....mouth feel light of medium, soft acid on the finish, no alcohol warmth. This is really not a kolsch. The rye comes in way too much for this very delicate style. It would be interesting to taste the identical recipe without the rye. BJCP 7/3/12/4/6