RATINGS: 298   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.57/5   SEASONAL: Summer   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
In 1906, the Kolsch-style beer originated from the Cologne region of Germany as a crisp and light beer to combat the summer heat. Leinenkugel’s® Canoe Paddler™ is our take on the Kolsch-style beer that we tweaked with a touch of rye. Our spring and summer seasonal has subtle malt flavors, a clean finish and adventurous quality.

Carlisle (743) - Pennsylvania, USA - MAR 17, 2017
Draft. Pours gold with thin off-white head. Grass and light bread flavors with a touch of spiciness. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

zombywoof (467) - Overland Park, Kansas, USA - MAR 15, 2017
Pretty weak although I should be grateful that it’s not one of those awful beers that Leinie likes putting out these days, crappy fruit beers and shandies. Not much to offend here but not much flavor either.

Pershing (560) - Garland, Texas, USA - MAR 4, 2017
Only in America would rye malt be added to a Kolsch. Clear gold with lots of visual carbonation. Small white head the lingers around with a small bit of lacing. aroma of sweet malt and a little spice from the rye. Thin body that is on the sweet side. Refreshing finish.

ghostbeer (213) - Nebraska, USA - OCT 10, 2016
Thin, dry, crisp, bready, refreshing and uninteresting. This is a clean beer that is great on a scorching hot day. It has a bit of spice from the rye but not much else to speak of.

DeveloperGirl (17) - - AUG 23, 2016
UPDATED: AUG 23, 2016 Scanned my Oktoberfest and this beer came up...ive had it before though and it is my least favorite by them.

euniceradio (533) - Worthington, Minnesota, USA - JUL 9, 2016
12oz bottle to tulip. Pours clear gold, white foam head. Aroma of green apple, honey, lemon, corn, grain. Taste of same with sweet rye bread and a lot of sour green apple.. If I made this at home, I’d be disappointed. Haha

Prufrockstar (2132) - Moscow, Idaho, USA - JUL 4, 2016
From a mixed 12. Has this sort of corny green apple nose that reminds me of the one shitty batch of homebrew I made. Took me an hour to dump all those bottles down the drain when I left Seattle after aging them for 4 years in my closet. Thankfully there are only 2 more bottles of this.

markas101 (2450) - Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA - JUN 23, 2016
UPDATED: JUN 23, 2016 Bottle, Ann Arbor, MI. Pale gold. Very thin head. Visible carbonation. Very faint milky citrus aroma. Weak flavour of citrus and white pepper.

MrBeerFanatic (1057) - Indianapolis, Indiana, USA - MAY 15, 2016
Pours light straw color no head. Aromas grass, toffee, slight banana ester. Flavors light straw, light toffee, slight grass, slight spice. Light to medium sweet. Kinda boring.

oldrtybastrd (5002) - Fort Walton Beach, Florida, USA - MAY 13, 2016
Pours a golden yellow/amber. Aromas of lemon, grains, celery. Flavor is crisp, dry, sweet malt, and a mild hop.