RATINGS: 652   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.06/5   EST. CALORIES: 148   ABV: 4.94%
Creamy Dark is aged slowly for a deep, dark color; velvety flavor; and a smooth finish.

hotstuff (5279) - Fort Wayne, Indiana, USA - SEP 5, 2003
For a Dunkel, this beer is lacking in its nose and flavor.It poured a small sized tan head that contained fine-small bubbles that quickly dissipated.The body was so dark brown that I could not tell if there was any carbonation in this beer.The nose was malty with a light roasted nose.The flavor was too mild for a Dunkel and it was lightly chocolate.The mouthfeel was smooth and thin with a watery texture.There was fair lacing with this beer.

thedm (6320) - Fort Wayne, Indiana, USA - SEP 5, 2003
This brew poured a medium head of finely sized creamy light brown bubbles that left behind a good lacing and a semi-opaque dark brown colored body with no apparent carbonation. Its aroma is disappointingly mild and its mouth feel is smooth witha hint of flavor yet thin and somewhat watered down. If it as a bit thinker I'd like it more. It is lacking in the body for a good dark beer. The flavor is there but need to be stonger. It is mildly malted with chocolate and caramel notes. Still it is rather good, but it had so much going for it I just wanted it to be a bit better.

thehoff (598) - Grand Rapids, Michigan, USA - SEP 2, 2003
The name says it all. Almost a stout with a great creamy flavor. The complexion of smoothness of Murphy's Stout but definitely it's own beer.

hornedbeast66 (9) - USA - AUG 19, 2003 does not count
Yes, a dark beer with a creamy flavor. Sounds like Guiness! One of my favorite beers to drink anytime. Imagine a lager but with chocolate hops and more. What Guiness drinkers drink when they can't afford Guiness!

biermensch (64) - USA - AUG 10, 2003
Not what I expected from Leinenkugel, a fairly decent dark that is, indeed, "creamy". Thiswould be a dark for people who don't like dark beer, not a real "dunkel" but a variation that has mass market appeal. I would not go out of my way to drink this beer.

Rockinout (966) - Kent, Ohio, USA - AUG 7, 2003
Reddish brown color, tan head around the edges. Very faint roasty nose. Rather light on the palate with a smokey taste.

DrnkMcDermott (3176) - Downers Grove, Illinois, USA - AUG 4, 2003
Bottled. After reading the posts on rating from notes, I'm trying to rate this trip to the "Leinie's Tackle Box" live on the computer.
A nice beery malty odor rises when I pop the crown, but a closer whiff gave me a touch of adjunct? Pours nice and ruby dark, with a spongy head that fades quickly, some lacing. Taste is nice and "clean," but a little hop bitterness lingers. Good roast malt, almost a stoutish tone to it. Touch of lager yeast bite in there, too. Certainly a good, drinkable beer. Wonder if the difference between this and say, the Berry Weiss is that this may be made only at the Chippewa Falls plant and not meg-produced to support Miller's big avertising pushes? Guess I should have stopped at the Leinie Lodge on my trip to Minneapolis last weekend after all.

Falconseye8 (542) - Evans, Colorado, USA - JUL 27, 2003
UPDATED: JUL 29, 2003 I'm not a bitter beer drinker but I really like the flavor of Creamy Dark. It grows on you. Better in my opinion with a meal than a stand alone after hours drinker. Nice chocolate hint in there also.

Drew (2470) - Kent, Ohio, USA - JUL 16, 2003
Yes, it looks creamy and dark - great head, good lacing. Front is thinner and a little sour, finish is thicker and roasted malts along with some hop.

beermatrix (1497) - Twin Cities, Minnesota, USA - JUL 9, 2003
Color was a nice off black, brown with some off-white head, no lace. Smell is a malty caramel roast with some vanilla notes. Taste is a balance of sweet chocolatey malt and roasted malt with little hop presence. The body is to thin and light and could be more flavored. Its smooth and light, somewhat creamy I guess, nothing stood out for me. Very clean, light, and roastly sweet. Not bad.