RATINGS: 925   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.45/5   EST. CALORIES: 148   ABV: 4.92%
Honey Weiss has a taste that's light, crisp and slightly sweet.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
DrnkMcDermott (3072) - Downers Grove, Illinois, USA - MAY 11, 2003
UPDATED: MAY 30, 2003 Bottled. Cant find a lot to get enthused about here. Kinda tastes more like any American lager beer than anything with "honey" or "weiss" in the name. No complaints about the color though, smell and taste are not off-putting. I had this in a typical Wisconsin bar where this was the only alternative to macro-crap, so it was more refreshing than it otherwise might be. If you had a category for value pricing, this would rate higher.
Re-sampled, 5/29/03. I had a bottle from the Leinie's Lodge Tackle Box and my opinion has improved somewhat. There actually is a spicy weizen aspect in the nose that improves the tasting experience. Maybe the bottles I drank at the bar had been in a glass-doored colloer under flourescent lights for too long? Maybe I had this inside a cardboard box in my fridge at proper beer temps? I dunno. I'm notching my rating up from 3.2 to whatever it is currently.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 6/20
hotstuff (5078) - Fort Wayne, Indiana, USA - MAY 8, 2003
This brew had a white foamy head. There was next to no lacing on the sides of my glass. There was carbonation rising to the top. No bitterness or aftertaste was noticed.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
thedm (6050) - Fort Wayne, Indiana, USA - MAY 8, 2003
UPDATED: JUN 4, 2003 This brew poured a large head of fine white bubbles. It has a transparent light lemon yellow body that left very little lacing. You can smell the honey flavor in its aroma. Its flavor is nice with a little mild honey flavor to it. It is initially smooth and stays that way through the finish. Overall, it was a nice beer to drink, but in this category I would rather have the Michelob Honey Lager.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
WabashMan (1024) - Noblesville, Indiana, USA - APR 26, 2003
Not much to this one, really. A lightly bitter flavor, crisp, but not much depth at all. Drinkable, but not even average among American wheats.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
Frank (4150) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - APR 19, 2003
UPDATED: JUL 19, 2003 I was looking for something light, cheap, and summery and Honey Weiss fit the bill perfectly. It seemed to at the store, anyway. It doesn't stray far from a standard lager. The honey, thankfully, is very subdued. To tell you the truth, I never would have tasted it if it wasn't mentioned on the label.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
JoeM500 (1908) - Crown Point, Indiana, USA - APR 9, 2003
Not nasty, but not exactly enjoyable, either! The nose of honey (or anything resembling weissbier) was not there. The taste of some artificial sweetner seems mixed with an average, ricy, american light standard. Another boring, macro-swill from the "mix your own six pack" shelf!

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
aobecksy (700) - Middle of no where, Ohio, USA - MAR 24, 2003
Very smooth pour, nice color, small everlasting head. Good from the pitcher in mass qunatities while celebrating team victory with college students and discussing the art of rating beer. Dry finish

1.2
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 7/20
celogan (204) - Oroville, California, USA - MAR 22, 2003
Very dissappointing. Poured a very light yellow with the head dissappaiting quickly. Kept some decent lacing. Almost no aroma at all, and very little taste. Reminded me of a Grain Belt Premium. Just nothing there. Pass this one up.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
cornhusker01 (76) - Omaha, Nebraska, USA - MAR 14, 2003
I expected a more complex flavor similar to the Honey brown, but I was wrong. Okay flavor, similar bite to a Miller Lite.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 6/20
JK (6046) - St. Louis Park, Minnesota, USA - MAR 11, 2003
Yellow. I could not taste any honey or sweetness. Reminded me of a light beer. My first American Wheat, tastes like no other wheat beer I have had. Dont bother with this one.