RATINGS: 469   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.1/5   SEASONAL: Winter   EST. CALORIES: 180   ABV: 6%
Leinenkugel’s Snowdrift Vanilla Porter is a robust and velvety addition to Leinenkugel’s seasonal selection. This porter-style beer is aged on real vanilla to reveal rich layers of caramel, coffee and chocolate that is ideal for the season.

ryecatcher (1451) - Bridgeport, Chicago, Illinois, USA - JAN 4, 2016
Bottle. Grabbed these after work at the Jewel (only place open selling beer besides the 7-11 and gas station at 10:45 Sunday night). Deep brownish-black pour, off-white head with surprisingly nice retention. Nose is puffed wheat, malt syrup, vanilla extract, Heath Bar. Mouth is kind of watery, malt, toasted bread, cocoa puffs, touch of vanilla. Actually better than I expected. $7.99 for a sixer made this a decent value purchase.

bigcat03 (330) - Columbus, Nebraska, USA - JAN 2, 2016
Bottle poured into a nonick pint. Nice dark ruby brown color with a fairly small and quick dissolving tan head. Aroma has a little chocolate, a little roasted malt, and an odd vegetable quality. Initial taste is roasty with a hint of vanilla. Aftertaste is a bit watered down. A decent mouthfeel. Nothing amazing and definitely better porters available in this price range.

sailracer (486) - Massachusetts, USA - JAN 2, 2016
Bottle. Pours a deep brown/black with a garnet tint. Very mild tasting. Light hints of vanilla. Low carbonation. OK, but not great.

freekyp (2337) - Thomasville, North Carolina, USA - DEC 30, 2015
A solid medium bodied porter that plays up the chocolate and vanilla notes, layers in some lightly roasted dark malts in the swallow, and finishes with a clean caramel malty fade. One of the better Leinies, Snowdrift is robust and flavorful without being too heavy. Aroma is slightly off-putting with some vegetal notes.

thetmaxx (917) - West Sacramento, California, USA - DEC 26, 2015
Poured from the twist top bottle. Thin head. Aroma of Carmel, nutty, vanilla. Flavor is the same, the chocolate and vanilla really comes through. Maybe the best leinenkugals beer I’ve had.

ganache (5956) - New Jersey, USA - DEC 25, 2015
Bottle, ungainly screw-top. Faint nose of portery chocolate, pours light brown with a fizzy tan head. Taste sweet with medium vanilla and light chocolate, closer to cola, really. Fizzy medium body, faint bitterness, lightly sticky. Touch of unclean earthiness, mouthfeel a bit off-putting. Just dump a shot into your Pepsi next time. [2015.12.25: 2.4]

svandyke (249) - USA - DEC 19, 2015
12oz bottle- Pretty nice color. Aroma is very ho-hum... very little vanilla or chocolatey goodness. Taste is lackluster, but what do you expect from a wannabe craft. Drinkable, but meh...

fuzzcro (295) - Illinois, USA - DEC 15, 2015
UPDATED: OCT 5, 2016 I’m not real impressed with this but I hope I’m missing something...I’ll try it again. I don’t detect a vanilla aroma at all and not even certain I taste it. It’s very mild and easy to drink and the appearance is quite attractive. At this tasting I must say it’s really nothing special. Upon my second experience with this brew I have discovered it is one that needs to be brought to room temp to enable the full flavor to develop. Tried again 10/05/2016 I can smell and taste the vanilla and though not something I would drink regularly by choice...I wouldn’t turn one down. I’m just happy to be able to taste that vanilla!

chucklemation (1719) - Royal Oak, Michigan, USA - DEC 12, 2015
Pours a mahogany color with a thin, short-lasting foam head. Aroma is subtle vanilla, caramel, chocolate, and some biscuit. Flavor is lightly sweet vanilla and caramel, with some chocolate. Has a medium, softly carbonated mouthfeel. This is okay, but not near as flavorful as other vanilla porters I’ve had.

two7offsuit (448) - Massachusetts, USA - DEC 2, 2015
Pours dark brown with an off white to light tan head. Malt aroma with a hint of vanilla. Similar flavor.