RATINGS: 483   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.09/5   SEASONAL: Winter   EST. CALORIES: 180   ABV: 6%
Leinenkugel’s Snowdrift Vanilla Porter is a robust and velvety addition to Leinenkugel’s seasonal selection. This porter-style beer is aged on real vanilla to reveal rich layers of caramel, coffee and chocolate that is ideal for the season.

freekyp (2468) - Thomasville, North Carolina, USA - DEC 30, 2015
A solid medium bodied porter that plays up the chocolate and vanilla notes, layers in some lightly roasted dark malts in the swallow, and finishes with a clean caramel malty fade. One of the better Leinies, Snowdrift is robust and flavorful without being too heavy. Aroma is slightly off-putting with some vegetal notes.

thetmaxx (927) - West Sacramento, California, USA - DEC 26, 2015
Poured from the twist top bottle. Thin head. Aroma of Carmel, nutty, vanilla. Flavor is the same, the chocolate and vanilla really comes through. Maybe the best leinenkugals beer I’ve had.

ganache (6089) - New Jersey, USA - DEC 25, 2015
Bottle, ungainly screw-top. Faint nose of portery chocolate, pours light brown with a fizzy tan head. Taste sweet with medium vanilla and light chocolate, closer to cola, really. Fizzy medium body, faint bitterness, lightly sticky. Touch of unclean earthiness, mouthfeel a bit off-putting. Just dump a shot into your Pepsi next time. [2015.12.25: 2.4]

svandyke (259) - USA - DEC 19, 2015
12oz bottle- Pretty nice color. Aroma is very ho-hum... very little vanilla or chocolatey goodness. Taste is lackluster, but what do you expect from a wannabe craft. Drinkable, but meh...

fuzzcro (295) - Illinois, USA - DEC 15, 2015
UPDATED: OCT 5, 2016 I’m not real impressed with this but I hope I’m missing something...I’ll try it again. I don’t detect a vanilla aroma at all and not even certain I taste it. It’s very mild and easy to drink and the appearance is quite attractive. At this tasting I must say it’s really nothing special. Upon my second experience with this brew I have discovered it is one that needs to be brought to room temp to enable the full flavor to develop. Tried again 10/05/2016 I can smell and taste the vanilla and though not something I would drink regularly by choice...I wouldn’t turn one down. I’m just happy to be able to taste that vanilla!

chucklemation (1796) - Royal Oak, Michigan, USA - DEC 12, 2015
Pours a mahogany color with a thin, short-lasting foam head. Aroma is subtle vanilla, caramel, chocolate, and some biscuit. Flavor is lightly sweet vanilla and caramel, with some chocolate. Has a medium, softly carbonated mouthfeel. This is okay, but not near as flavorful as other vanilla porters I’ve had.

two7offsuit (448) - Massachusetts, USA - DEC 2, 2015
Pours dark brown with an off white to light tan head. Malt aroma with a hint of vanilla. Similar flavor.

beer_rookie (706) - Arkansas, USA - DEC 1, 2015
Pours cola color, or maybe dark maroon. About one finger caramel colored head. Little retention, some lacing. A little light in color for a porter.

Aroma is coffee and chocolate. Also some vanilla. I don’t smell a lot o malt, but maybe that’ll come in the taste.

I guess the main taste is some bittersweet vanilla. I taste some coffee, not enough. I also taste some alcohol. There’s not a lot of malt in this, at least not in the taste. I wonder if too much vanilla is covering up the malt.

Mouthfeel is medium. I taste the alcohol too much in this. In conjunction with the vanilla, it is too bitter. Having said that, I find the drinkability too be pretty low.

Overall, it’s okay. There’s a lot wrong with it. I think dialing back the vanilla a little would help it out a lot, and let the porter flavors come through. I think this is interesting enough to try again. Perhaps from batch to batch it has some sort of variance in the vanilla. Even in the deScription it seems that they made the porter around the vanilla. Seems like you should create your porter, and then incorporate vanilla. I still think it’s worth a try.

shanoknowsfood (104) - Hawaii, USA - DEC 1, 2015
Bottle from Publix Supermarket - Watery, thin, and horrible. Tasted like a bland diet soda with artificial flavoring. Waste of money & time.

Augdraught1981 (267) - Harlem, Georgia, USA - NOV 24, 2015
UPDATED: NOV 27, 2015 Transparent pouring porter with a steady, light tan head. The smell doesn’t indicate a lot of vanilla, it almost indicates chocolate . The flavor even starts a little chocolaty and then the vanilla shows up, almost ice cream like. The enthusiasm for this beer wears off and it gets thinner and more boring. Decent but not something I will revisit.